Hyderabad Business School, a part of GITAM University will be issued notification for HBSAT 2019 to invite applications for MBA programmes. HBSAT stands for Hyderabad Business School Admission Test. HBSAT is an admission test conducted every year for all the interested candidates who wants to get admission in Hyderabad Business School for MBA. The Application Form for HBSAT 2019 was available on the official site of the Hyderabad Business School. Interested candidates can fill the application form. Candidates can fill the application form before the last date of submission. Candidate can get all details related to HBSAT 2019 like application form, admit card, result on this page.
HBSAT 2019 – Hyderabad Business School Admission Test
Candidates having valid MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT scores are exempted from HBSAT 2019. The final selection of candidates will be based on the aggregate of the best test score and Group Discussion and Personal Interview scores. HBSAT 2019 exam was held on 24 Dec 2018. As soon as details will be announced, we will update. Candidate can get all details here regarding application form, admit card, exam pattern, result etc.
|Closing date of submission of Application Forms||to be announced|
|Date of conduct of HBSAT 2019||24 Dec 2018|
|Announcement of HBSAT 2019 Results||To be announced|
- Candidates willing to apply to the MBA Program must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline. The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years education after completing higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent.
- Candidates in their final year of their Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent can also apply, provided they furnish the proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria by 20 August 2019.
- The candidate may be from any discipline such as Engineering, Humanities, Commerce, and Economics, Medicine or any other branch of education.
- Candidates with relevant work experience as also fresh graduates awaiting results are eligible.
- Candidates with valid MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT scores are exempted from HBSAT-2019.
- The entrance test conducted by Hyderabad Business School, HBSAT 2019 is compulsory for those applicants who have not taken any of the other valid tests and is optional for those who already possess any of the above scores.
- Foreign students and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible and are required to take the GMAT at a test centre outside India.
The application process for HBSAT 2019 was in the online/offline mode. Those candidates who are interested to take admission into MBA in Hyderabad Business School must fill the application form and submit it before the last date. Applicants can apply from the official website. Candidates who have applied for the same will be get notified by the official conducting body.
- The application fee for HBSAT 2019 – Rs 700/-
- The HBS Aptitude Test will comprise of 5 sections as mentioned in the table below.
- In total, there will be 100 questions and each section contains 20 questions.
- The time allotted for the HBSAT is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Each correct answer will fetch you 1 mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||20|
Syllabus of HBSAT 2019
The candidates must go through the syllabus before they actually start preparing for the exam. One must refer to authentic books for preparation which contains topics as per the syllabus of HBSAT.
Data Sufficiency: The section will contain questions related to statistics. The prime topics are as follows-
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
Mathematical Ability: The numerically based section is quite scoring with regular practice of different questions. You must strive for speed and accuracy to cover up this section.
The most important topics are-
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Ratio and Proportion
- Circular Track & Upstream-downstream
- Compound Interest
- Relative Speed
- Simple Interest
Communication & Business Aptitude
It is pretty similar to the reasoning section but at the same time assess the candidate’s logical and mental skills. These are the topics that are mostly tested-
- Strong and Weak Arguments
- Statements Assumptions
- Statements & Inferences
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Verbal Classification
- Logical Deduction
- Course of Action
- Causes and Effects
It will test your understanding and comprehension skills of language. This section will also assess your grammar and vocabulary. As per the syllabus of HBSAT, the following topics are important-
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Phrases
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
Reasoning section is regarded as the most time-consuming section while attempting the exam but at the same time, it is scoring too. Following is the list of the topics-
- Critical Reasoning
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Matrix Cubes
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangements
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Venn Diagram
Hyderabad Business School will consider the candidates keeping in mind the following criteria-
- Those aspirants who have appeared for HBSAT 2019 or have obtained valid CAT/ MAT/GMAT/XAT/NMAT/ATMA score. As per their score, they will be shortlisted based on the order of merit.
- Besides that, the authority will also prefer candidates with healthy educational background and work experience.
- After making it to the list of shortlisted candidates, the qualified ones will be called for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round which will ultimately decide whether you get admission or not.
Official Website: www.ghbs.in
For more information about Hyderabad Business School Admission Test 2019 – Download Information Brochure