|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Hyderabad Business School, a part of GITAM University will be hosting HBSAT 2018 to invite applications for MBA programmes. The candidates will be shortlisted by HBS on the basis of their scores in MAT/ GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT-2017 or else HBSAT score if they have not appeared in any one of them.The application forms will be available online on the official link www.ghbs.in . It is advisable that one must verify the eligibility criteria before they can appear for HBSAT 2018.
HBSAT 2018 – Hyderabad Business School Admission Test
Once the aspirants clear the HBS Aptitude Test, the qualified ones will be called for the group discussion and personal interview round. The care should be taken that there are no discrepancies against the original documents as HBS reserves the right to verify the documents at any stage of the admission procedure. Read more about HBS Aptitude Test and it’s related admission events such as application procedure, selection procedure, exam pattern, etc.
Tentative Timelines regarding HBSAT 2018
|Opening date of Application Form Filling||November 2017|
|Closing date of submission of Application Forms||December 2017|
|Date of conduct of HBSAT 2018||January/ February 2018|
|Announcement of HBSAT 2018 Results||To be announced|
How to Apply for HBSAT 2018
The candidates can apply online for the HBSAT 2018 before the deadline of submission of application forms. The application forms will be released by HBS for admission into MBA programme 2018-2020. Consider the steps below to apply online-
- Google search the official website www.ghbs.in .
- The search done will direct you to the main page of the website.
- Next, Click on ‘Apply Online’ option under Admissions 2018.
- Next, select the desired course.
- The Online Application form of HBSAT will be displayed.
- Enter the personal details, educational details, previous work experience and submit the information.
It will be necessary to meet the eligibility criteria set by HBS.
- One must have obtained 50% aggregate marks in the Bachelor’s Degree from a redeemed University.
- Those aspirants who are awaiting the results of Degree examination are also eligible to apply.
- The shortlisting will be done based on the scores of candidates in MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ XAT/ CAT/ GMAT/ NMAT/ HBSAT 2018.
- The HBS Aptitude Test will comprise of 5 sections as mentioned in the table below.
- In total, there will be 100 questions and each section contains 20 questions.
- The time allotted for the HBSAT is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Each correct answer will fetch you 1 mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||20|
Syllabus of HBSAT 2018
The candidates must go through the syllabus before they actually start preparing for the exam. One must refer to authentic books for preparation which contains topics as per the syllabus of HBSAT.
Data Sufficiency: The section will contain questions related to statistics. The prime topics are as follows-
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
Mathematical Ability: The numerical based section is quite scoring with regular practice of different questions. You must strive for speed and accuracy to cover up this section.
The most important topics are-
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Ratio and Proportion
- Circular Track & Upstream-downstream
- Compound Interest
- Relative Speed
- Simple Interest
Communication & Business Aptitude
It is pretty similar to reasoning section but at the same time assess candidate’s logical and mental skills. These are the topics that are mostly tested-
- Strong and weak Arguments
- Statements Assumptions
- Statements & Inferences
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Verbal Classification
- Logical Deduction
- Course of Action
- Causes and Effects
It will test your understanding and comprehensive skills of language. This section will also assess your grammar and vocabulary. As per the syllabus of HBSAT, the following topics are important-
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Phrases
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
Reasoning section is regarded as the most time consuming section while attempting the exam but at the same time, it is scoring too. Following is the list of the topics-
- Critical Reasoning
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Matrix Cubes
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangements
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Venn Diagram
HBSAT 2018 Examination Centres
Last year, the examination was held in the following centres mentioned below. HBS owns the right to increase or decrease the number of centres depending upon the number of applications.
- New Jalpaiguri
Hyderabad Business School will consider the candidates keeping in mind the following criterias-
- Those aspirants who have appeared for HBSAT 2018 or have obtained valid CAT/ MAT/GMAT/XAT/NMAT/ATMA score. As per their score, they will be shortlisted based on the order of merit.
- Besides that, the authority will also prefer candidates with healthy educational background and work experience.
- After making it to the list of shortlisted candidates, the qualified ones will be called for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round which will ultimately decide whether you get admission or not.
If you have any queries regarding HBSAT 2018, please ask in the comments.