University Business School (UBS), Panjab University, Chandigarh had released the application form for Panjab University UBS MBA Admission 2019. Candidates can check the details of Panjab University UBS MBA Admission 2019 application form, eligibility criteria and other important information on this page below.
Panjab University UBS MBA Admission 2019
Candidates seeking admission in MBA courses will have to fill their application form online through website. Selection will be based on the merit determined by scores of the candidates in Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 conducted by IIMs followed by GD & PI.
The schedule of Panjab University UBS 2019 admission is provided below.
|Online registration starts on||30 Nov 2018|
|Last date of submission of information to generate the Bank Challan||15 Jan 2019|
|Last date of submission of fee in any branch of SBI||17 Jan 2019|
|Last date for uploading of documents||19 Jan 2019|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of the application form to UBS office (along with the photocopy of certificates)||25 Jan 2019|
|Dates for GD / PI||to be announced|
As the University of Panjab has declared the dates for admission to various MBA Programmes, the eligibility criteria as per last year are given below.
- Master of Business Administration MBA
- Master of Business Administration (International Business) MBA(IB)
- Master Of Business Administration (Human Resource) MBA (HR)
The minimum eligibility criteria for admission would be as follows :
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto with not less than 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) in the aggregate. Provided that in the case of candidates having Bachelor’s degree of the University through Modern Indian Languages [Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi(Gurmukhi script) and/or in a Classical Language (Sanskrit/Persian/Arabic) or degree of any other University obtained in the same manner recognized by the Syndicate, 50% marks in the aggregate shall be calculated by taking into account full percentage of marks in all the papers in Language excluding the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together. OR
- A pass in the final examination conducted by the (a) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, or (b) Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England, or (c) Institute of Company Secretaries of India. OR
- AMIE Examination with 50% marks or more after having passed the diploma examination with 60% marks or above and have at least 5 years research/teaching .or professional experience.
Minimum of 10% score (5% in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD candidates) in each component of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 viz., quantitative, logic & data interpretation, and verbal and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2018.
Candidates qualified for GD / PI
Panjab University, Chandigarh will release the list of provisional candidates who are selected for the GD / PI round. The GD / PI will be held from the second week of March 2019, Candidates can check their names and Interview Date & Time for GD / PI. The Group Discussion and Personal Interview of the short-listed candidates will be held at University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Important Note: Whether in the General Category or in any of the reserved categories, a candidate must fulfill both the criteria given in (a) and (b) above in order to be eligible for admission.
Category-Wise Break-Up of Seats for MBA Programme is given below.
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to MBA Programmes shall pay Rs. 3250/- (Rs. 1625/- for SC / ST / PwD candidates) as application / registration fee (non-refundable) for participation in the admission process for the session 2019-20.
Fee is being finalized by PU authorities. Fee to be paid by Demand Draft in favour of Registrar, Panjab University Chandigarh, payable at Chandigarh towards part payment of the tution fee and other university charges etc.
Further, the candidates will have to deposit Rs. 19,000/-* by Demand Draft in favour of the Chairman, University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh, payable at Chandigarh, towards Summer Placement, Teaching Materials, Business Club and Computer Charges, etc.
- Admission for these courses will be made on the basis of merit determined by scores of the candidates in Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 conducted by IIMs, followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD & PI). All candidates aspiring to apply for MBA Programmes at UBS must take Common Admission Test (CAT) – 2018 conducted by the IIMs.
- The candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview on the basis of their score in the CAT 2018 subject to the condition that they secure a minimum 10% score (5% in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD) candidates) in each component of CAT 2018 viz., quantitative logic & data interpretation, and verbal, and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2018, Whether in the General Category or in any of the reserved categories, no candidate who has secured less than the said minimum score in CAT shall be eligible to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The number of candidates to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be equal to eight times the total number of seats of all these courses in each category or the total number of eligible candidate, which ever is lower.
- The Group Discussion and Personal Interview of the short-listed candidates will be held at University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The invitation for attending GD/PI & schedule of GD/PI would be put on UBS admission website http://ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in only. Alert about the schedule of GD/PI would be sent to the registered email address of the candidates. No other communication shall be made in this context.
- Final Merit List of all the candidates called and appeared for GD & PI will be prepared category-wise on the basis of their combined aggregate score in the CAT 2018, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
The weightage for CAT, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for preparing the final Merit List for admission will be as follows:
|Written Test (CAT)||85% (of CAT 2018 percentage score & not percentile)|
For more details of Panjab University UBS MBA Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure.
Official website- www.ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in