Visva Bharati University has released notification for eligible candidates to admission in B.Ed / M.Ed courses for the academic year 2018-20. Those candidates who are interested in taking admission in Visva Bharati for B.Ed / M.Ed Programmes can fill their application as per the scheduled date.
Candidates can check the complete information regarding Visva Bharat B.Ed / M.Ed Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Visva Bharati B.Ed / M.Ed Admission 2018
Candidates fill their application for B.Ed / M.Ed courses from the official website of Visva Bharati University. There is no admission test for B.Ed. Admissions. All the candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of merit. There will be an Admission Test for eligible candidates and selection will be made on the basis of merit.
B.Ed / M.Ed Application Form 2018
Those who willing to take admission in Visva Bharati University for B.Ed / M.Ed courses may fill their application from below link on or before the last date mention separately for the said courses. Candidates are also advised to must ensure their eligibility before filling the Application form.
|Start Date of application form for B.Ed/M.Ed||03 May 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form for B.Ed/M.Ed||10 Jun 2018|
Application Process Over..!!
- Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) for General &
- OBC Candidates and Rs. 150/- (Rupees One Hundred Fifty Only) for SC/ST candidates
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme 2018-2020
- Pre-service candidates (Internal &External) and In-service candidates should have B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Mus ( Rabindra-Sangeet / Classical) Degree with 3-Year Honours/Major subject. The general candidates should have at least 50% marks, OBC candidates should have 45% marks, and SC/ST candidates should have pass marks in Honours /Major Subject from any recognized University/Institution. The candidates must have studied any of the following subjects as combination at graduation level, one of which should be Honours/Major subject: Bengali, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Santali , Economics, Geography, History (Ancient/Modern), Music (Rabindra-Sangeet / Classical), Philosophy, Mathematics, Statistics, Education, Physical Science (Physics / Chemistry) and Life Science (Botany /Zoology).
- In-service candidates should have at least 3 (Three) years continuous experience as a full time approved regular teacher in any secondary school recognized by the Central or respective State Government. He/She has to enclose a copy of the No-Objection Certificate from the competent authority/a copy of Managing Committee Resolution regarding his/her deputation and approval letter from D.I./equivalent competent authority without which the application will be rejected.
Age Limit: The upper age limit is ordinarily 35 years in case of pre-service candidates and 45 years in case of in-service candidates. The age of OBC, SC & ST candidates will be relaxed as per rule of the Government of India.
Modalities of Admission
There shall be no admission test for B.Ed. Admission. All the candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of merit. Merit shall be determined on the basis of total score obtained out of 30 as shown below:
- Madhyamik or equivalent marks will be reduced to 10
- Higher Secondary or equivalent marks will be reduced to 10. (The percentage of aggregate marks at + 2 level, where aggregate marks are not written in the mark sheets, will be calculated as follow: “if a candidate has studied more than five subjects, the percentage of aggregate marks shall be calculated on all the subjects offered at + 2 level and as shown in the mark sheet including Environmental Science”.
- Honours or major subject marks will be reduced to 10
The candidates who have obtained the Degree from Visva-Bharati during the period from 2011 to 2015 will be considered as internal candidates.
Staff (Serving in Visva-Bharati) ward [son/daughter/legally adopted child] who completed his/her Degree from any other institution other than Visva-Bharati will be considered as an internal candidate. He/She is required to forward his/her application form through the respective Head of the Department / Section in which his/her parent is an employee.
General Merit List for each one of the teaching method subjects will be prepared. Subject-wise separate Merit List for SC, ST & OBC will also be prepared.
General Merit List of SC, ST, OBC, Physically Handicapped and outstanding sportspersons will also be prepared separately.
In-service candidates with at least three years continuous teaching experience from the practising schools (not more than one teacher from each school) that have provided the facility of practice teaching at least for three consecutive years to the trainees of the Department of Education will be considered for direct admission. He/ She has to enclose a copy of the No-Objection Certificate from the competent authority/a copy of Managing Committee Resolution regarding his/her deputation and approval letter without which the application will be rejected. In case of more than one applicant from a particular practising school, selection will be done on the basis of seniority or as desired by the Managing Committee.
In case any deputed seat remains vacant, the same will be filled in on merit basis irrespective of school subjects from amongst the External Candidates.
Master of Education (M.Ed) Programme 2018-2020
Candidates seeking admission to the M.Ed. programme should have obtained at least 50 % marks or an equivalent Grade in the following programmes :
- BA. B.Ed./ B.Sc. B.Ed
- DElEd with an undergraduate degree ( with 50 % marks in each)
Reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other applicable categories shall be as per rules of the central Government.
Modalities of Selection
There shall be an Admission Test for eligible candidates and selection will be made on the basis of merit only which will be determined by the score obtained by the candidates out of maximum 100 marks as follows :
|I||Academic Score # From Class X to PG & B.Ed||50|
|II||Admission Test ##||50|
Admit Card 2018
The Visva Bharati University will issue the Admit Card for the Admission Test for M.Ed/B.Ed Courses. The Admit card, as well as the list of eligible candidates, is available at the official website of Visva Bharati University. The candidates can also download their Visva Bharati Admit Card 2018 using this link.
For more details of Visva Bharati B.Ed / M.Ed Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.