Visva Bharati University has released the notification for eligible candidates who are interested to take admission in B.Ed / M.Ed courses for the academic year 2020-21. Those candidates who are interested in taking admission in Visva Bharati for B.Ed / M.Ed Programmes need to fill the application by visiting the official website, visvabharati.ac.in. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit. Candidates willing to take admission in Visva Bharati B.Ed / M.Ed 2020 should fill the form before the due date to avoid the rejection of the form. Candidates can check the complete information regarding Visva Bharati B.Ed / M.Ed Admission 2020 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Latest: Visva Bharati B.Ed / M.Ed Admission 2020 Application Form available. Visit the Application Form page to fill the form.
Visva Bharati B.Ed / M.Ed Admission 2020
Candidates must note that there shall be no admission test for B.Ed. Admissions. All the candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of merit. There will be an Admission Test for eligible candidates and selection will be made on the basis of merit obtained in the admission test.
|Availability of application form for B.Ed/M.Ed||10 Aug 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form for B.Ed/M.Ed||15 Sep 2020|
Visva Bharati B.Ed / M.Ed Application Form 2020
Those who are willing to take admission in Visva Bharati University for B.Ed / M.Ed courses may fill their application by visiting the official website, visvabharati.ac.in. Candidates can also click on the direct link given to this page to fill application form 2020 of Visva Bharati. Candidates are also advised to ensure their eligibility before filling the Application form. Candidates can check the tentative dates of an application form by referring to the table below:
Application Fee: After filling up the necessary details in the application form candidates will have to pay the application fee to complete the application procedure.
|Category||Application Fee for first subject||Application fee for each additional subject|
|General||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 400/-|
|SC, ST & PWD candidates||Rs. 400/-||Rs. 150/-|
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme 2020
Visva Bharati 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Pre-service candidates (Internal &External) and In-service candidates should have B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Mus ( Rabindra-Sangeet / Classical) Degree with 3-Year Honours/Major subject from any recognized University/Institution. The general candidates should have obtained minimum 50% marks, OBC candidates should have secured at least 45% marks, and SC/ST candidates should have pass marks in Honours /Major Subject. The candidates must have studied any of the following subjects as combination at graduation level, one of which should be Honours/Major subject: Bengali, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Santali , Economics, Geography, History (Ancient/Modern), Music (Rabindra-Sangeet / Classical), Philosophy, Mathematics, Statistics, Education, Physical Science (Physics / Chemistry) and Life Science (Botany /Zoology).
- In-service candidates should have a minimum of 3 (Three) years continuous experience as a full time approved regular teacher in any secondary school recognized by the Central or respective State Government. He/She has to enclose a copy of the No-Objection Certificate issued from the competent authority/a copy of Managing Committee Resolution regarding his/her deputation and approval letter from D.I./equivalent competent authority without which the application will be rejected.
Age Limit: The upper age limit is 35 years for candidates belonging to the pre-service category and 45 years in case of in-service candidates. Candidates belonging to OBC, SC & ST will get the relaxation as per the rules of the Government of India.
Visva Bharati B.Ed Admission 2020 Modalities of Admission
Candidates willing to take admission must note that there shall be no admission test for students who are seeking admssion in B.Ed program. Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of merit. The merit shall be determined as per the total score secured by the students out of 30 as shown below:
- The Madhyamik or equivalent score will be reduced to 10
- Higher Secondary or equivalent marks will be reduced to 10. (The percentage of aggregate marks at + 2 level, where aggregate marks are not written in the mark sheets, will be calculated as follow: “if a candidate has studied more than five subjects, the percentage of aggregate marks shall be calculated on all the subjects offered at + 2 level and as shown in the mark sheet including Environmental Science”.
- Honors or major subject sores will be reduced to 10.
The candidates who have obtained the Degree from Visva-Bharati in the last three years shall be considered as internal candidates.
Staff (Serving in Visva-Bharati) ward [son/daughter/legally adopted child] who completed his/her Degree from any other institution other than Visva-Bharati will be considered as an internal candidate. He/She has to present his/her application form through the respective Head of the Department / Section in which his/her parent is an employee.
In-service candidates with a minimum of three years continuous teaching experience from the practicing schools (not more than one teacher from each school) that have provided the facility of practice teaching at least for three consecutive years to the trainees of the Department of Education will be eligible to take direct admission. He/ She also has to produce a No-Objection Certificate issued from competent authority/a copy of Managing Committee Resolution regarding his/her deputation and approval letter without which form is incomplete and will be summarily rejected. If in case there is more than one applicant from a particular practicing school then, selection shall be done on the basis of seniority or as per the norms of the Managing Committee.
In case any deputed seat remains vacant, the same shall be filled in on merit basis irrespective of school subjects from amongst the External Candidates.
Visva Bharati B.Ed / M.Ed Admission 2020 Merit List
The General Merit List for each one of the teaching method subjects will be prepared. The merit list will also be prepared Subject-wise SC, ST & OBC category candidates. A general merit list will also be prepared for the candidates who are belonging to SC, ST, OBC, Physically Handicapped and outstanding sportspersons separately.
Master of Education (M.Ed) Programme 2020-2021
Visva Bharati 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission to the M.Ed. course should have obtained at least 50 % marks or an equivalent Grade in the following programmes :
- BA. B.Ed./ B.Sc. B.Ed
- DElEd with an undergraduate degree ( with 50 % marks in each)
Candidates belonging to the reserved category like SC/ST/OBC/PWD shall also be eligible for the reservation as per rules of the central Government.
Visva Bharati M.Ed Admission 2020 Modalities of Selection
There shall be an Admission Test for eligible candidates and selection will be made on the basis of merit only which will be determined by the score obtained by the candidates out of the maximum 100 marks as follows:
|I||Academic Score # From Class X to UG & B.Ed||40|
|II||Admission Test ##||60|
# In Career Marking five components (i.e. Aggregate marks obtained in 10th, 12th, Graduation and Post Graduation.) will be evaluated in 50 marks by distributing 10 marks for each.
## Medium of Entrance test will be English only. However, the medium of examination and the medium of classroom instruction will be as per VisvaBharati regulations.
Admit Card 2020
The Visva Bharati University will issue the Admit Card for the Admission Test for M.Ed/B.Ed Courses after the completion of application process. The Admit card, as well as the list of eligible candidates, shall be available at the official website of Visva Bharati University. The candidates can also download their Visva Bharati Admit Card 2020 by visiting the admit card page in the quick links section. Candidates should keep the admit card/hall ticket with themselves till the completion of admission process.
Official Website: visvabharati.ac.in
For more details about, Visva Bharati B.Ed / M.Ed Admission 2020 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.