The University of Lucknow conducts an entrance test for admission into Two years M.Ed. Course. The admission to this course is done on the basis of M.Ed. Admission Test conducted by the university in accordance with the orders of Govt. of U.P., Lucknow University statutes and regulations of NCTE. Candidates having B.Ed., B.A.-B.Ed., B.Sc.-B.Ed., B.El.-B.Ed., & D.El.Ed. with an undergraduate degree or a recognized BTC or LT diploma or equivalent with 50% marks from a university are eligible for Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test 2020. For more details regarding Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test 2020 read the article below.
Lucknow University M.Ed Admission Test 2020
The admission to M.Ed course will be done on the basis of written test and Interview. On the basis of it, a final merit list is published at the University’s website. Candidates can check all the important dates related to Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test 2020 from the below table.
|Application process begins from||Second week of Mar 2020|
|Last date for submission of application without late fee||Third week of May 2020|
|Last date for submission of application with late fee of Rs. 1000||Last week of May 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||Last week of May 2020|
|Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test 2018 exam date||First week of Jun 2020|
|Interview||First week of Jun 2020|
|Declaration of result||First week of Aug 2020|
|Registration and Choice Filling||First week of Aug 2020|
|Only Choice Filling||Second week of Aug 2020|
|First Allotment Result||Third week of Aug 2020|
|Seat Confirmation Fee Payment||Third week of Aug 2020|
|Second Allotment and Up-gradation Result||Third week of Aug 2020|
|Seat Confirmation Fee Payment for second allotment||Last week of Aug 2020|
Lucknow University General Quick Links
Candidates having B.Ed., B.A.-B.Ed., B.Sc.-B.Ed., B.El.-B.Ed., & D.El.Ed. with an undergraduate degree or a recognized BTC or LT diploma or equivalent with 50% marks in aggregate from a University established by law and recognized by the University Grants Commission. A candidate can not pursue two Postgraduate degree courses simultaneously.
Lucknow University M.Ed. 2020 Application Form
Lucknow University M.Ed. 2020 Application Form are available in online mode at the University website, lkouniv.ac.in. Before filling the application form, candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria.
Steps to fill the Lucknow University M.Ed. 2020 Application Form
The candidates can fill in the details in the online application by simply following the steps as below:
- Candidates need to register first by entering the required details and submit it. On completing the registration process, applicants will receive their login details in the mobile number and email ID provided at the time of registration.
- Fill in other required details in the online application such as Personal Details, Educational Qualifications, etc.
- Upload photograph and signature as per the format.
- Verify if all the details provided in the application form are correct and submit it.
- Proceed to make payment for the application fee through the means of Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking.
- On completion of the above-mentioned steps. print the completed application form and fee receipt to complete the application process.
Application Fees details are given below. The application fee can be paid by either of the following ways:
- Credit card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
|Category||Application Fee Charges without late fee||With late fee|
|General and OBC||Rs. 1600||Rs. 2600|
|SC and ST||Rs. 800||Rs. 1800|
Requirement items for form filling
Given below are the thing required for application form filling.
- Valid Email ID
- Active Mobile Number
- Scanned copy of the photograph in jpeg format (Maximum upload size is 50 KB only)
- Scanned copy of the signature in jpeg format (Maximum upload size is 50 KB only)
- Marksheet of High School, Intermediate, Graduation B.Ed. and Post-graduation
- Aadhar Card
- Photo ID Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport)
Lucknow University M.Ed. 2020 Admission Procedure
The candidates will be granted admission on the basis of the marks obtained in the written examination and Interview, subject to fulfilling other eligibility criteria as laid down by the university.
Written Test Pattern
The written test will of 3 hours duration which will comprise of MCQ questions and short answer of 250 marks.
|Test Area||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration for each test|
|Mental Ability Test (Multiple Choice)||100||100||2|
|Subject Competence Test (Multiple Choice)||80||80|
|Subject Competence Test (Short Answer)||20||10||1|
|Language Comprehension (Hindi) Test||25|
|Language Comprehension (English) Test||25|
The interview process is a maximum of 10 marks. The interview round is conducted to assess the power of expression, subject knowledge, teaching ability and personality of the candidate.
Only those candidates would be eligible for admission to the M.Ed. program who have participated in both the written test and interview. A Final merit list is prepared for admission to M.Ed. out of a maximum of 310 marks. The merit is prepared by considering the marks obtained in the written test (250 marks), academic index weightage (50 marks) and interview (10 marks).
If more than one candidate obtain equal marks in the entrance exam, the merit is decided as follows:
- If the age of the candidates are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at B.Ed. or equivalent examination.
- If the marks secured in the B.Ed. or equivalent examination are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at Graduation examination.
- If the marks secured in the Graduation examination are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at Class 12 or equivalent examination
- If the marks secured in the Class 12 examination are the same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at High School or equivalent examination
- If the marks secured in the High School or equivalent examination are the same in such cases first preference will be given to the older candidate
Lucknow university publish the overall merit list of M.Ed admissions for session 2020-2021. The result of Lucknow University M.Ed. 2020 are release online at the University’s official website. Only those eligible candidates who will appear for the LU Entrance Test 2020 can check their result from the official website. Lucknow University M.Ed. 2020 result releases in the form of a merit list.
University of Lucknow has adopted an Off Campus Online Counseling for the M.Ed. programs. Candidates have to register and submit choices after the declaration of result. Online counselling registration links are releases on the official website. Candidates can register from the official website.
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|OBC of U.P||27%|
|Son / Daughter / Grand Son / Granddaughter of Freedom Fighters from U.P.||2%|
|Son/Daughter of Retd. Defence Personnel or Physically Handicapped Defence Personnel or Defence Personnel killed in war or Defence Personnel posted in UP||5%|
The seat matrix for admission to M.Ed in various institutes of UP is given below as per the last year details:
|Name of the Institute||Number of seats||Type|
|Department of Education, Lucknow University||25||Aided|
|Aryavart Institute of Higher Education, Shahid Path, Utaratia, Lucknow||50||Self-financed|
|G.S.R.M. Memorial Degree College, Sarojani Nagar, Lucknow||50||Self-financed|
|Rama Mahavidyalaya, Gaurav Vihar, Chinhat, Lucknow||50||Self-financed|
|Sri Mahaveer Prasad Mahila Mahavidyalaya Rajajipuram, Lucknow (Minority Institution)||25||Self-financed|
|Swami Vivekanand Mahila Mahavidyalaya||25||Self-financed|
|City College of Management||25||Self-financed|
|Gautam Buddha Degree College||25||Self-financed|
|Rajat Degree College||50||Self-financed|
|City Academy Degree College||25||Self-financed|
|Eram Degree College||25||Self-financed|
|Rameshwaram Institute of Education &Trainning||50||Self-financed|
|Rajat College of Education & Management, Matiari, Chinhat||50||Self-financed|
|Lala Mahadev Prasad Verma Balika Mahavidyalay, Gosaiganj||50||Self-financed|
|Rajat Women’s College of Education & Management, Kamta, Chinhat||50||Self-financed|
About Lucknow University
The University at Lucknow was initial mooted by Raja Sir Mohammad Ali Mohammad Khan, Khan Bahadur, K.C.I.E. of Mahmudabad, who contributed a piece to the columns of “The Pioneer” urging the foundation of a University at Lucknow. The main objective of Lucknow University is to be a University driven by values enriched with numerous cultures, to push economic, social and spiritual advancement for an egalitarian society.
Official Website: www.lkouniv.ac.in.
For more details on Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test 2020, download information brochure 2019 for reference purposes.
Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Master of Education (M.Ed) is a 2-years (4 semesters) duration course and the maximum period allowed for completing the is 4 years.
Ans : Candidates having B.Ed., B.A.-B.Ed., B.Sc.-B.Ed., B.El.-B.Ed., & D.El.Ed. with an undergraduate degree or a recognized BTC or LT diploma or equivalent with 50% marks from a university are eligible for Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test.
Ans : The candidates are granted admission based on the marks obtained in the written examination and Interview, subject to fulfilling other eligibility criteria as laid down by the university.