The University of Lucknow conducts an entrance test for admission into Two years M.Ed. Course. The admission to this course is done on the basis of M.Ed. Admission Test conducted by the university in accordance with the orders of Govt. of U.P., Lucknow University statutes and regulations of NCTE. Interested candidates can apply online at the Lucknow University’s website, which is, lkouniv.ac.in. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions before applying online. Register and fill in the required details in the online application form including uploading of photograph and signature. The application fee is to be paid through online mode only.
Lucknow University M.Ed Admission Test 2019
The admit card and result will be published online only. Candidates can appear for the entrance test only after submitting the application form before the last date and showing the admit card at the examination center. The admission to M.Ed course will be done on the basis of written test and Interview. On the basis of it, a final merit list will be published at the University’s website. Check more details on Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test 2019 from the page below.
|Application process begins from||15 Mar 2019|
|Last date for submission of application without late fee|
|Last date for submission of application with late fee of Rs. 1000|
|Issuance of Admit Card|
|Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test 2018 exam date||03 Jun 2019 (09:00 – 01:30 pm)|
|Interview||04 to 08 Jun 2019|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
Lucknow University General Quick Links
- Candidates having B.Ed., B.A.-B.Ed., B.Sc.-B.Ed., B.El.-B.Ed., & D.El.Ed. with an undergraduate Degree or a recognized BTC or LT diploma or equivalent with 50% marks in aggregate from a University established by law and recognized by the University Grants Commission
- A candidate can not pursue two Postgraduate degree courses simultaneously.
Lucknow University M.Ed. 2019 Application Form
- The application form is available at the University website, lkouniv.ac.in.
- Candidates need to register first by entering the required details and submit it. On completing the registration process, applicants will receive their login details in the mobile number and email ID provided at the time of registration.
- Fill in other required details in the online application such as, Personal Details, Educational Qualifications etc.
- Upload photograph and signature as per the format.
- Verify if all the details provided in the application form are correct and submit it.
- Proceed to make payment for the application fee through the means of Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking.
- On completion of the above mentioned steps. print the complete application form and fee receipt to complete the application process.
Application Fees details are given below. The application fee can be paid by either of the following ways:
- Credit card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
|Category||Application Fee Charges without late fee||With late fee|
|General and OBC||Rs. 1600||Rs. 2600|
|SC and ST||Rs. 800||Rs. 1800|
Requirement items for form filling
- Valid Email ID
- Active Mobile Number
- Scanned copy of the photograph in jpeg format (Maximum upload size is 50 KB only)
- Scanned copy of the signature in jpeg format (Maximum upload size is 50 KB only)
- Marksheet of High School, Intermediate, Graduation B.Ed. and Post graduation
- Aadhar Card
- Photo ID Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport)
Lucknow University M.Ed. 2019 Admit card
The admit card for Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test 2019 will be available online. Only those candidates will be issued the admit card who will submit the applications before the due completed in all aspects. The admit card can be downloaded by entering the login credentials as provided at time of registration. The admit card will contain the basic information about the exam such date, time and venue of the examination.
Lucknow University M.Ed. 2019 Admission Procedure
The candidates will be granted admission on the basis of the marks obtained in the written examination and Interview, subject to fulfilling other eligibility criteria as laid down by the university.
Written Test Pattern
The written test will of 3 hours durations which will comprise of MCQ questions and short answer of 250 marks.
|Test Area||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration for each test|
|Mental Ability Test||100||100||2|
|Subject Competence Test||80||80|
|Subject Competence Test (Short Answer)||20||10||1|
|Language Comprehension (Hindi) Test||25|
|Language Comprehension (English) Test||25|
This will be for a maximum of 10 marks. The interview round will be conducted to assess the power of expression, subject knowledge, teaching ability and personality of the candidate.
Only those candidates would be eligible for admission to the M.Ed. program who have participated in both the written test and interview. A Final merit list will be prepared for admission to M.Ed. out of a maximum 310 marks. The merit will be prepared by considering the marks obtained in the written test (250 marks), academic index weightage (50 marks) and interview (10 marks).
Tie breaker Criteria
If more than one candidate obtain equal marks in the entrance exam, the merit will be decided as follows:
- If the age of the candidates are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at B.Ed. or equivalent examination.
- If the marks secured in the B.Ed. or equivalent examination are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at Graduation examination.
- If the marks secured in the Graduation examination are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at Class 12 or equivalent examination
- If the marks secured in the Class 12 examination are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at High School or equivalent examination
- If the marks secured in the High School or equivalent examination are same in such cases first preference will be given to the older candidate
Lucknow university will published the overall merit list of M.Ed admissions for session 2019-2020. Candidates can check the same from the link that will be provided below. Also, candidates can check the information regarding counselling from below as well.
University of Lucknow will be adopting an Off Campus Online Counseling for the M.Ed. programs. Candidates have to register and submit choices after the result has been declared. Detailed guidelines would be declared later. The prospective candidates are advised to keep visiting the University website regularly for announcements, notices and updates, because no separate information shall be sent to any prospective candidate.
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|OBC of U.P||27%|
|Son / Daughter / Grand Son / Granddaughter of Freedom Fighters from U.P.||2%|
|Son/Daughter of Retd. Defence Personnel or Physically Handicapped Defence Personnel or Defence Personnel killed in war or Defence Personnel posted in UP||5%|
The seat matrix for admission to M.Ed in various institutes of UP is given below as per the last year details:
|Name of the Institute||Number of seats||Type|
|Department of Education, Lucknow University||25||Aided|
|Aryavart Institute of Higher Education, Shahid Path, Utaratia, Lucknow||50||Self-financed|
|G.S.R.M. Memorial Degree College, Sarojani Nagar, Lucknow||50||Self-financed|
|Rama Mahavidyalaya, Gaurav Vihar, Chinhat, Lucknow||50||Self-financed|
|Sri Mahaveer Prasad Mahila Mahavidyalaya Rajajipuram, Lucknow (Minority Institution)||25||Self-financed|
|Swami Vivekanand Mahila Mahavidyalaya||25||Self-financed|
|City College of Management||25||Self-financed|
|Gautam Buddha Degree College||25||Self-financed|
|Rajat Degree College||50||Self-financed|
|City Academy Degree College||25||Self-financed|
|Eram Degree College||25||Self-financed|
|Rameshwaram Institute of Education &Trainning||50||Self-financed|
|Rajat College of Education & Management, Matiari, Chinhat||50||Self-financed|
|Lala Mahadev Prasad Verma Balika Mahavidyalay, Gosaiganj||50||Self-financed|
|Rajat Women’s College of Education & Management, Kamta, Chinhat||50||Self-financed|
Official Website for Lucknow University is www.lkouniv.ac.in.
For more details on Lucknow University M.Ed. Admission Test 2019, download information brochure.