Mangalore University B.Ed. Distance Education 2020 – Mangalore University offers admission to B.Ed. programme Open Distance Learning Programme ((ODL) through Common Entrance Test (CET). Candidates are selected on the basis of the marks obtained in the test and available seats. Those who have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and fulfil other eligibility criteria must fill the application form for CET. Candidates can check the detail information on the eligibility, CET, exam pattern, scheme and so on from this page.
Mangalore University B.Ed Distance Education 2020
Candidates can check the schedule for Mangalore University B.Ed Distance Education 2020 from the table given below.
Mangalore University B.Ed Distance Education 2020
Application Form starts from
To be notified
Last date to apply
To be notified
Mangalore University B.Ed Distance Education 2020 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the application form for B.Ed course in order to apply for CET. Candidates can fill the application form in three ways which are given below.
- Candidate can obtain the application form along with the prospectus from the office on payment of Rs.1000/- (Application fee: Rs 200/-, Common Entrance Test Fee: Rs. 800/-).
- Other way to obtain the application form is by post from The Director, Centre for Distance Education, Mangalore University, Shopping Complex, Mangalagangothri, Mangalore – 574 199 at the this address, by sending the Bank challan on payment of Rs.1040/- in the above manner or Demand Draft of any Nationalised Bank for Rs.1040/-, drawn in favour of ‘The Finance Officer, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri’, payable at Mangalagangothri/Mangalore.
- The last way to fill the application form is to download it from the official webiste and send it to the concerned address.
Mangalore University B.Ed Distance Education 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility before applying for the course.
- Qualification: Candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Science/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent to be eligible for B.Ed. course,
- Work Experience: In-service teachers in elementary/primary education, who have completed and obtained degree on or before the last date stipulated for submission of application form for B.Ed. programme,
- Teacher Education Programme: Candidates should compulsorily have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education programme like TCH/D.Ed./D.El.Ed., B.El.Ed., etc. through face-to-face mode,
- The candidate should continue to work in a recognized institution at the time of admission. If selected, he/she must produce a Service Certificate to that effect from the Head of the Institution, where the candidate is working. The application of such candidates shall be submitted to the University for B.Ed. admission through proper channels.
- Master’s Degree without a bachelor’s degree will not be accepted for the purpose of this B.Ed. programme.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the available category-wise seats for the concerned course in the University. The seat matrix for all the categories is as given in the image below:
Mangalore University B.Ed Distance Education 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern of CET from below.
- Duration: The exam is of 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Sections: Language Ability and Teaching Aptitude are the two sections of CET.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions are asked in exam.
- Number of questions: There are total no. of 100 questions asked.
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 1 mark and there’s no negative marking.
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Language Ability (English and Kannada)||25 + 25||50|
Mangalore University B.Ed Distance Education 2020 Test Centres
Candidate must select the test centre carefully at the time of filling the application form. Once the centre is selected, it cannot be changed.
Selection Process for B.Ed Admission 2020
Candidates can check the full selection process of B.Ed. admission in Mangalore University from the given points.
- Candidates have to fill the Application Form for B.Ed. admission. Forms will be scruitinized on the basis of the eligibility criteria. Incomplete forms are rejected.
- Admission tickets is to be send to the eligible applicants which has to be carried by the candidates on the day of examination.
- A merit list list is prepared by the university on the basis of the candidate’s score/marks in CET.
- Those scoring equal marks in CET are placed according to their Date of Birth in the merit list.
- Thereafter, selection committee prepares a list of candidates on the basis of the merit, seat intake and reservation policy. The list is called the First Selection List. The candidates whose name is there in the list are called for the pre-admission counselling.
- Candidate must carry the orignal documents on the day of counselling for the purpose of verification.
- Candidates are allotted the study centre on the basis of their rank in the merit list.
- Those who accept the study centre have to make the payment of the admission fee.
On the basis of the merit list prepared in order of the merit obtained by the candidates in the test, the selected candidates will be called for the pre-admission counselling. During the counselling process, the candidates will be required to verify the documents and pay the required fee through the challan. The candidates will be allotted study centres strictly according to this Merit List and according to the rules of reservation. Once the study centre will be allotted, it will not be changed in the middle of the course.
About Mangalore University
Mangalore University was established in 1980. It is a public university located in Konaje, Mangaluru, Karnataka, India. The university offers regular programmes in the field of arts, commerce, science, law and management. Moreover, it offers Distance Learning Programmes in B.Ed., BBA, B.Com, BA, and MA to bring the higher education to all the sections of the society.
University aims to excel in teaching, learning and research and to eveolve as a national and international centre for advanced studies.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.