IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020 – List of candidates provisionally selected for the M.Tech programme for semester 1 has been released. Also, the GATE cut off for the selection of COAP round 3 has been released. Admission to IIT Kanpur is done on the basis of valid GATE Score. Candidates can check the complete details of IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020 like application procedure, eligibility criteria, candidates shortlisted list etc from this page given below.
Latest: IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020 candidates selection list has been released. Scroll down to check the list.
IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020
Candidates with a valid GATE score can apply for the M Tech program. The requirement of GATE score is waived off for the external and sponsored candidates. The Schedule of IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020 has been provided below.
Schedule of IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020 is given below.
|Starting date of submitting online applications||16 Mar 2020|
|Last date of submitting applications|
|Round 2 selection list||17 Jun 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||To be announced|
IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020 Selection List
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur has released the list of selected candidates for semester 1 on the official website. Also, the cut off for the selection through GATE has been released. Candidates can check the lists and cut off from below:
- Click here to check the list of candidates provisionally selected for the M.Tech Programme till COAP Round 3.
- Click here to check the List of candidates provisionally selected for the M Tech Program for semester 1.
Shortlisting criteria for the M Tech selection through GATE score–
For COAP Round 3 –
For COAP Round 2 –
IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form
Candidates who are interested and check their eligibility criteria can fill the IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020 from the official website. Before filling the application form candidates are requested to read the instruction carefully. The direct link to fill the Application Form has also given above It is advisable to the candidate to fill the application form before the last. If there will any mistake while filling the application form, your application will be cancelled by the admission authority. So, it is better to read it carefully before final submission.
Apply Online: Click here to apply for IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020
Online Application Process steps
Candidates are advised to follow the given procedure for making online registration-
- Step 1- Registration.
- Step 2- Submission of the Application form.
- Step 3- All scanned documents will be uploaded.
- Step 4- Pay the Application Fees through the payment gateway.
- Step 5- Final Submission.
Click here In case if you forget password
IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
As per institute requirements, to be considered for admission all candidates must have at least 55 percent marks or 5.5/10 CPI in their B.Tech/BS (4-year)/M.Sc or equivalent. The departmental eligibility criteria are as follows:
M.Tech. Programme Environmental Engineering (EE): Bachelors degree preferably in Civil Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Agricultural Engineering or Master of Science in all areas. All candidates must have mathematics as a subject at least up to 10+2 level.
Geoinformatics (GI): Bachelors degree in Civil/Mining/Electrical/Computer Science/ Electronics Engineering/Information Technology/Geoinformatics, or Master of Sciencein Earth Science and relatedareas or Geography/Physics/Mathematics/Environmental Sciences. Candidates with M.Sc. degree must have mathematics as one of the subjects at B.Sc. level.
Geotechnical Engineering: Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering.
Hydraulics & Water Resources Engineering: Bachelors degree in Civil/Agriculture Engineering. The candidates must have taken at least one mathematics course at the undergraduate level.
InfrastructureEngineering and Management: Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering. Some candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Building Construction and allied subjects may also be considered.
Structural Engineering: Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering. Some candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Building Construction and allied subjects may also be considered.
Transportation Engineering: Bachelors degree in Civil/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering.
1. In addition to the above, a valid GATE score is also needed.
2. The GATE requirement is waived for B.Tech. graduates from IITs with a minimum overall CGPA/CPI of 6.5 and a minimum CGPA/CPI of 8.0 in the last two semesters in B.Tech. However, such candidates are not entitled for Institute Assistantship if their overall CGPA/CPI isbelow 8.0.
3. Candidates with AMIE certificates are not eligible to apply.
Sample papers are basically the papers that helps the students to get the idea about the exam, its pattern, its level of difficulty. Candidates can get the overview of the exam pattern by solving the sample papers because it is in the real question paper format. You should solve it honestly for getting the better output. Sample papers are provided on the official website as well as a direct link is also provided here. Candidates can download it and save it for future reference.
- Click here to download the sample paper.
IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2020 General Information
- Candidates who are in the final year of qualifying degree and are likely to graduate by July 2019 may also apply. Such candidates may be considered for admission to 2019-20-I academic session starting in July 2019.
- The institute, being residential, requires that all registered students must reside in the campus.
- Financial Aid (Research/ Project/ Assistantships/ Fellowships/ Scholarships) are available to M.Tech. & Ph. D. Students. Some MS (Research) students may also be provided financial aid. Several attractive Fellowships from Industries/ Department of Atomic Energy (DAE/DST/INSPIRE/DElT) are also available.M.Tech
- For information brochure containing details of various PG, programmes visit the online application portal: http://www.iitk.ac.in/doaa/pgadmission.htm
- Reservation shall apply as per Govt. of India rules
About IIT Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, established in 1959, is one of the premier institutions established by the Government of India. The aim of the Institute is to provide meaningful education, to conduct original research of the highest standard and to provide leadership in technological innovation. It offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and dual degree courses across its 5 departments, namely Engineering, Humanities, Sciences, Management, and Interdisciplinary programmes. For UG engineering courses, a candidate needs to qualify for JEE Main and JEE Advanced, whereas for M. Sc./ M. Sc. – Ph. D. (Dual Degree) Programmes, a candidate needs to qualify for JAM(Joint Admission Test).
Official website: iitk.ac.in
For more information check the following details:
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.