IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2018 is being done on the basis of GATE score, and (for certain programmes) interview / written test. Admission in IIT Roorkee M.Tech programmes is open from 19 Mar 2018 after declaration of GATE results. Candidates who are eligible for programmes offered by the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, must fill in the PG application form 2018 and submit requisite documents.
Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2018
Important dates for M.Tech Admission in IIT Roorkee for academic session 2018-2019 are as follows.
|Starts of filling of online application form||19 Mar 2018|
|Last date for filling up of online application form and Deposit of fee||
15 Apr 2018 till 5:00 P.M.
|Interview/Written Test||01 Jun 2018|
|Announcement of merit list after interview/written test||To be announced|
|Counselling for admission||12 to 14 Jul 2018|
|Date of Registration||To be announced|
|Classes Begin||To be announced|
|Final Counselling cum Registration of the Wait listed Candidates in Merit for the vacant seats, if any||To be announced|
- Click here to check the list of selected candidates for M.Tech/M.Arch./MURP Programme during Spot Counselling DAY-3
- Click here to check the list of selected candidates for M.Tech/M.Arch./MURP Programme during Spot Counselling DAY-2
- Click here to check vacant Position for online spot counselling to PG Programme
- Click here to view notice regarding online spot counselling for PG admission 2018
- Click here to view PG Form of registration
- Click here to view fee structure for PG and P.hD courses
For admission to PG programmes 2018 candidates need to register and fill the application Online only by accessing http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in. The application process is completed only when a print out of the filled Online application with the candidate’s signature and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate places is sent to the Chairman, PG Admissions office, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee along with challan form and necessary documents on or before the scheduled date.
Eligible candidates must fill and submit the form with relevant fee amount before the last date. The last date for submission of online application shall not be extended. Accordingly, no request shall be entertained for accepting the application after the last date. IIT Roorkee will not be responsible for technical error while making the online application / payment of fee. Therefore, candidates are advised to submit their application well in advance and not to wait for the last moment. Online applications will be scrutinized, relevant documents checked / verified for their authenticity. Application Form can be filled from the website or through the link given below.
Pre requirement of testimonials for uploading before filling online application form
- Applicant Photo (Only JPG format allowed with max size 500KB)
- Applicant Signature (Only JPG format allowed with max size 500KB)
- UG all semesters/year Marksheets (Only PDF format allowed in a single pdf file with max size 5 MB)
- UG Degree/Provisional Certificate (Only PDF format allowed in a single pdf file with max size 5 MB)
- PG All semesters/year marksheet/Degree/Provisional Certificate (If applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- GATE Score Card (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Maths at 10 + 2 level (10 + 2 Marksheet) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Maths at UG level (UG Marksheet) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- PD Certificate (if applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- SC/ST/OBC-NC Category Certificate (if applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Sponsorship Certificate, NOC, Experience Certificate for sponsored candidate only (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
Selected GATE Candidates
The list of selected GATE qualified candidates offered M.Tech in 1st round is out now. Also, the sample offer letter has been released for the same. Candidates can click on the links given below to check and download them.
- Click here to check and download the list of GATE qualified candidates.
- Click here to check and download the list of 2nd Round Gate Qualified Candidates.
- Click here to check and download the list of 3rd round of GATE qualified candidates.
- Click here to check and download the list of 4th round of GATE qualified candidates.
- Click here to download sample offer letter.
- Click Here to download 2nd Round Sample Offer Letter.
- Click here to download 3rd round sample offer letter.
- Click here to download 4th round sample offer letter.
Candidates Called for Interview
IIT Roorkee has announced the list of Sponsored Candidates called for the interview for admission. You are required to attend Interview on June 01, 2018 at 9.00 a.m. in the concerned department(s)/centre(s). In case you fail to attend Interview, you will not be eligible for admission. Candidates can check the list from the official website OR through the direct link provided below.
Shortlisted Candidates: Click Here to check the list of Sponsored Candidates called for the interview.
- For General/OBC Category: Rs. 300/-
- For PD/SC/ST Category: Rs. 150/-
- For Foreign Nationals: Nil
The requisite fee can be paid online using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank. The Fee will not be accepted through any other mode.
For admission to PG programmes 2018, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in. After finalizing the application and depositing the fee online, the filled application needs to be downloaded. The application process is completed only when a print out of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate’s signature and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate places is sent to the PG Admission office, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee on or before last date.
How to Apply
Before applying, candidates are advised to read the PG Information Brochure carefully.
Step 1: Apply for PG Programmes
- Apply online
- Finalize Application Form
- Pay fee online using option “Proceed for Payment”
- Download and print of the completed Application Form
Step 2: Photograph and Signature
- Paste your recent photograph (3.5 cm X 3.5 cm) in the designated place. Sign at the designated place.
Step 3: Post/Submission
Before posting your application form, make sure that, in addition to the other relevant attachments as indicated below:
- Xerox copy/Downloaded copy of GATE Score Card.
- Proof of Mathematics at 10+2 as applicable.
- Copy of the degree certificate or provisional certificate if they have passed their qualifying degree.
- Copy of OBC/SC/ST/PD category certificate (if any)
- Annexure 1-5 as applicable.
Duly signed downloaded online Application with appropriate enclosures must be sent by Speed Post (preferably) or by Registered Post in A4 size envelope to PG ADMISSION OFFICE, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ROORKEE, ROORKEE-247667, so as to reach this office on or before the last date.
It can also be handed over personally to the PG ADMISSION Office, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee on or before last date.
Basis for Selection
Admission will be made on the basis of either Normalized GATE marks only or Normalized GATE marks and Interview/Written Test. For Sponsored candidates the admission will be made on the basis of Interview/Written Test and relevant experience. The cut off for calling the full time regular candidates for Interview/Written Test and for preparing merit list will be based on Normalized GATE marks for different programmes for different categories of candidates.
Admission will be made strictly in order of merit and the preferences for the programmes given by a candidate in his/her Application.
|Candidate’s Status||Basis for Selection|
|Regular candidates GATE qualified||Valid Normalized GATE marks only or Valid Normalized GATE marks alongwith Interview/ Written Test|
|Regular B.Tech. degree holders from the IITs without GATE score||CGPA ≥ 8|
|Sponsored candidates(Full Time and Part Time)||Interview/Written Test & Relevant Experience|
The candidates having B.Tech. degree from any IIT with CGPA > 8 will be given direct offer without GATE requirement upto 10% of the sanctioned intake in a programme.
The number of candidates to be called for Counselling/Interview/Written Test, in different categories, shall be decided by the PG Admission Committee with a cut off equal to or higher than the minimum cut off decided on Normalized GATE marks at Institute level for all PG programmes separately. The merit list of candidates shall be based on 70% Normalized GATE marks and 30% Interview/Written Test marks. For those programmes where no Interview/Written Test is required, the merit list will be based on 100% Normalized GATE marks of the candidates.
In case sum total of Normalized GATE Marks and Interview/Written Test of the candidates becoming equal, preference will be given to the candidate securing higher marks in the Interview/Written Test conducted at IIT Roorkee and thereafter in the qualifying examination.
Criteria and Schedule of Interview/Written Test/ Counselling
The Interview/Written Test wherever required will be conducted by different Departments/Centres at IIT Roorkee Campus. The admission criteria for different Department/Centre are given below.
|Arch. & Plang.||70% Normalized GATE marks and 30% Interview|
|AHEC||70% Normalized GATE marks and 30% Interview|
|Biotechnology||70% Normalized GATE marks and 30% Interview|
|Chemical Engg.||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|Civil Engg||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|Earthquake Engg||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|Electrical Engg||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|E & C E||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|Computer Science & Engg||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|Hydrology||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|Mech.& Ind. Engg||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|Met. & Mat. Engg.||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|Paper Technology#||70% Normalized GATE marks and 30% Written Test|
|WRD&M||70% Normalized GATE marks and 30% Written Test|
|Chemistry||70% Normalized GATE marks and 30% Written Test|
|Physics||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|Nanotechnology||Only Normalized GATE marks|
|Disaster Mitigation & Management||70% Normalized GATE marks and 30% Interview|
|Transportation Systems||70% Normalized GATE marks and 30% Interview|
Note:The interview/written test shall be conducted for sponsored category candidates in all departments except Computer Science and Engg. Details for the same will be updated soon.
# Written Test for Paper Technology Department will be held at Roorkee campus
The Merit List after the Written Test/Interview will be declared soon after the exams. The Merit List and Waiting List after Counselling will also be available on the Institute Website: www.iitr.ac.in or http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in
The candidate will have to accept the offer and deposit the requisite fee or the wait listed amount or decline the offer at the time of counselling. The offer of admission will be provisional subject to submission of all required documents and fee by the specified dates.
Offcial Website: www.iitr.ac.in
For complete details of IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure