IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 is done on the basis of GATE score, and Sponsored candidates may be admitted through an Interview/Written Test. The Application form for admission in IIT Roorkee M.Tech programmes will be available online and candidates will have to submit the form on or before its last date. All entries should be carefully made while applying online for IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020. Candidates shall be solely responsible for wrong entries. Candidates are advised to ensure the eligibility criteria before applying for admission in M.Tech programmes. You can read this article for detailed information about the IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020.
Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020
For admission to PG programmes, candidates need to register and fill the application Online only by accessing http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in. Important dates for M.Tech Admission in IIT Roorkee for academic session 2020-21 are as follows.
|Declaration of GATE-2020 Result||3rd week of Mar 2020|
|Starts of filling of online application form||3rd week of Mar 2020|
|Last date for filling up of online application form and Deposit of fee||2nd week of Apr 2020|
|Date of interview under Sponsored category||2nd week of Jun 2020|
Below we mentioned the eligibility criteria for the M.Tech Programmes, Candidates can check it before applying for the admission. For the sake of the candidates, eligibility criteria for IIT Roorkee is provided here.
Eligible candidates must fill and submit the form with the relevant fee amount before the last date. The last date for submission of online application is mentioned above in the table. Accordingly, no request shall be entertained for accepting the application after the last date. IIT Roorkee is not been responsible for error while making the online application/payment of a fee. Therefore, candidates are advised to submit their application well in advance and not to wait for the last moment. Online application found incomplete in any form will be summarily rejected. No correspondence/communication will be entertained in this regard.
- For General/OBC Category: Rs. 300/-
- For PD/SC/ST Category: Rs. 150/-
- For Foreign Nationals: Nil
The requisite fee can be paid online using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank. The Fee will not be accepted through any other mode.
Pre-requirement of testimonials for uploading before filling the online application form
- Applicant Photo (Only JPG format allowed with max size 500KB)
- Applicant Signature (Only JPG format allowed with max size 500KB)
- UG all semesters/year Marksheets (Only PDF format allowed in a single pdf file with max size 5 MB)
- UG Degree/Provisional Certificate (Only PDF format allowed in a single pdf file with max size 5 MB)
- PG All semesters/year marksheet/Degree/Provisional Certificate (If applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- GATE Score Card (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Maths at 10 + 2 level (10 + 2 Marksheet) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Maths at UG level (UG Marksheet) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- PD Certificate (if applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- SC/ST/OBC-NC/GEN-EWS Category Certificate (if applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Sponsorship Certificate, NOC, Experience Certificate for sponsored candidate only (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
How to Apply
Before applying, candidates are advised to read the PG Information Brochure carefully.
Step 1: Registration (Separate applications (with payment) are required for each category)
Step 2: Complete Application Form
Step 3: Proceed to Payment
Note: Download the completed Application Form (Take a print out of the entire file. This printout is NOT to be sent to IIT Roorkee. It is only for candidate’s own record purpose).
Basis of Selection for Admission
Admission will be made on the basis of either Normalized GATE marks only. Sponsored candidates may be admitted through an Interview/Written Test. Admission will be made strictly in order of merit and the preferences for the programmes given by a candidate in his/her Application. The basis for determining a candidate’s merit position is given in the table below.
|Candidate’s Status||Basis for Selection|
|Regular candidates GATE qualified||Valid Normalized GATE marks only|
|Regular B.Tech. degree holders from the IITs without GATE score||CGPA ≥ 8|
|Sponsored candidates(Full Time and Part Time)||Interview/Written Test & Relevant Experience|
Reservation of Seats
A certain number of seats is reserved for candidates belonging to various categories. The details of the seats reserved (in percentage) under different categories at present as per the directives of the Govt. of India are given in the table below.
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5 %|
|Other Backward Classes||27%|
|Persons with Disability (including leprosy-cured)||5% (Horizontal)|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||3%|
- The provisions for reservation of seats given above are subject to modification in accordance with any Govt. Order, if issued subsequently by the Govt. of India.
- It will entirely be the responsibility of the candidate to prove his/her eligibility in terms of minimum educational qualifications and for claiming reservation under a specific category, if any, at the time of counselling and thereafter.
- Candidate must ensure that he/she possesses the required eligible qualification and has valid Normalized GATE marks in the required discipline.
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP)
COAP is a common portal for viewing and accepting offers from participating IITs for Gate Qualified Candidates. COAP provides a common platform for the registered candidates to make the most preferred choice for an admission into an M.Tech. Programme in the participating Institutes or job offers from participating PSU’s. The registered candidates can access the offers by registering at COAP. The decision taken by you on COAP is final, a further request for changes are not allowed.
- Assistantship @ Rs. 12400/- per month may be awarded to GATE qualified candidates as per norms for the duration of the programmes i.e. two years to the full time students for M.Tech. within the sanctioned intake excluding sponsored candidates. However, GATE qualified candidates do not automatically become eligible for the sanction of this assistantship.
- B.Tech. degree holders from any IIT with minimum CGPA of 8.00 on a 10 point scale and given admission without GATE are also eligible for MHRD assistantship.
- Scholarship/Assistantship will not be awarded to those who are in receipt of salary from any source. However, teacher candidates may be granted scholarship/assistantship in addition to the study leave benefits provided that they are not in receipt of any deputation allowance from their employer, in addition to the study leave salary as per norms.
- The continuance of the assistantship/scholarship to a student shall depend upon his/her satisfactory progress report of work, attendance, conduct and the academic performance (SGPA/CGPA), as per Ordinances/ Regulations in vogue.
- Under MoU with the Department of Atomic Energy, the candidates qualifying under Department of Atomic Energy Graduate Fellowship Scheme may be admitted to M.Tech. programmes. The details of the scheme may be obtained from www.hrdbarc.gov.in
- Some foreign scholarships may be available to selected M.Tech. students for doing their dissertation under exchange programmes such as DAAD Sandwich Model Programme of Germany, a programme of KTH, Sweden, Macquarie University, Australia etc.
Official Website: iitr.ac.in
For complete details of IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 – Download 2019’s Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.