IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 – IIT Roorkee has released the list of candidates who received admission offers in Round 4 of COAP. IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 is done on the basis of GATE score, and sponsored candidates are admitted through an Interview/Written Test. The Application form for admission in IIT Roorkee M.Tech programmes was available online on the official website of IIT Roorkee, iitr.ac.in. Candidates are advised to ensure the eligibility criteria before applying for admission in M.Tech programmes. You can read this article for detailed information about the IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020.
Latest: IIT Roorkee has released the list of candidates who have been offered admission in Round 4 through COAP. Scroll down to check the list and sample offer letter.
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020
For admission to PG programmes, candidates need to register and fill the application online. Important dates for M.Tech Admission in IIT Roorkee for academic session 2020-21 are as follows.
|Declaration of GATE-2020 Result||16 Mar 2020|
|Start of online application form||20 Mar 2020|
|Last date to submit online application form and deposit fee|
23 Apr 2020 (upto 5 PM)
|Round 1 selection list through COAP||10 Jun 2020|
|Round 2 selection list through COAP||17 Jun 2020|
|Round 3 selection list through COAP||24 Jun 2020|
|Round 4 selection list through COAP||07 Jul 2020|
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 Selection List
The institute releases the list of candidates selected for admission through different modes. The list of those candidates who are offered direct admission as well as that offered admission through COAP is published on iitr.ac.in. Candidates can check the list of selected candidates below.
- Click here to view the sample offer letter for Round 4 through COAP.
- Click here to download and list of candidates offered admission through Round 4.
- Click here to view the sample offer letter for Round 3 through COAP.
- Click here to download and list of candidates offered admission through Round 3.
- Click here to view the sample offer letter for Round 2 through COAP
- Click here to check the list of candidates offered admission through Round 2.
- Click here to view the sample offer letter for Round 1 through COAP.
- Click here to check the list of candidates offered admission through COAP Round 1.
- Click here to check the list of IIT Graduates offered direct admission to M.Tech/M.Arch./MURP Programme of 2020. Relevant notice is provided below.
Notice Regarding Exemption from Uploading Certificates
On April 20, 2020, a notice was released informing the candidates that handwritten undertaking is considered acceptable by the institute. Check the notification below.
IIT Roorkee released a notification on April 05, 2020 stating that the applicants who do not possess the required certificates at the time of application are exempted from uploading the certificates. In such a case, an undertaking must be uploaded in place of the certificates as per the following format.
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form
Eligible candidates must fill and submit the form with the relevant fee amount before the last date. The last date for submission of online application is mentioned above in the table. Accordingly, no request shall be entertained for accepting the application after the last date. Therefore, candidates are advised to submit their application well in advance and not to wait for the last moment. Online application found incomplete in any form are summarily rejected.
- For General/ GEN-EWS/ OBC Category: Rs. 300/-
- For PD/SC/ST Category: Rs. 150/-
- For Foreign Nationals: Nil
The requisite fee can be paid online using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Additional charges are applicable as per the rules of the concerned bank. The application fee is not accepted through any other mode.
Pre-requirement of testimonials for uploading before filling the online application form
- Applicant Photo (Only JPG format allowed with max size 500KB)
- Applicant Signature (Only JPG format allowed with max size 500KB)
- UG all semesters/year Marksheets (Only PDF format allowed in a single pdf file with max size 5 MB)
- UG Degree/Provisional Certificate (Only PDF format allowed in a single pdf file with max size 5 MB)
- PG All semesters/year marksheets/Degree/Provisional Certificate (If applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- GATE Score Card (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Maths at 10 + 2 level (10 + 2 Marksheet) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Maths at UG level (UG Marksheet) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- PD Certificate (if applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- SC/ST/OBC-NC/GEN-EWS Category Certificate (if applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Sponsorship Certificate, NOC, Experience Certificate for sponsored candidate only (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
How to Apply
Before applying, candidates are advised to read the PG Information Brochure carefully.
Step 1: Registration (Separate applications (with payment) are required for each category)
Step 2: Complete Application Form
Step 3: Payment of Fee
Note: Download the completed Application Form (Take a print out of the entire file. This printout is NOT to be sent to IIT Roorkee. It is only for candidate’s own record purpose).
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Here, we have mentioned the eligibility criteria for the M.Tech programmes. Candidates can check it before applying for the admission.
- General and OBC candidates must secure 60% marks or 6 CGPA in the qualifying degree. However, SC/ST/PD candidates require 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA in the qualifying degree.
- Regular category candidates must also hold a valid GATE scorecard. However, IIT graduates can get admission without GATE score, subject to the condition that they have 8 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
- There is no age limit for admission to M.Tech programme in IIT Roorkee.
Click here to check the complete eligibility criteria for regular, sponsored and foreign candidates.
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 Selection Criteria
Admissions are granted strictly in order of merit and the preferences for the programmes given by a candidate in the application form. The basis for determining a candidate’s merit position is given in the table below.
|Candidate’s Status||Basis for Selection|
|Regular candidates GATE qualified||Valid Normalized GATE marks only|
|Regular B.Tech. degree holders from |
IITs without GATE score
|CGPA ≥ 8|
|Sponsored candidates (Full Time and Part Time)||Interview/Written Test + Relevant Experience|
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP)
COAP is a common portal for viewing and accepting offers from participating IITs for Gate Qualified Candidates. COAP provides a common platform for the registered candidates to make the most preferred choice for admission into an M.Tech. programme in the participating Institutes or job offers from participating PSU’s. The registered candidates can access the offers by registering at COAP. The decision taken by the candidates on COAP is final, further requests for changes are not allowed.
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 Scholarships/Assistantship
The candidates are provided with scholarship/assistantship as per the rule.
- B.Tech. degree holders from any IIT with minimum CGPA of 8 on a 10 point scale and given admission without GATE are also eligible for MHRD assistantship.
- Scholarship/Assistantship is not awarded to those who are in receipt of salary from any source. However, teacher candidates may be granted scholarship/assistantship in addition to the study leave benefits provided that they are not in receipt of any deputation allowance from their employer, in addition to the study leave salary as per norms.
- The continuance of the assistantship/scholarship to a student depends upon his/her satisfactory progress report of work, attendance, conduct and the academic performance (SGPA/CGPA), as per Ordinances/ Regulations in vogue.
- Under MoU with the Department of Atomic Energy, the candidates qualifying under Department of Atomic Energy Graduate Fellowship Scheme may be admitted to M.Tech. programmes.
- Some foreign scholarships may be available to selected M.Tech. students for doing their dissertation under exchange programmes such as DAAD Sandwich Model Programme of Germany, a programme of KTH, Sweden, Macquarie University, Australia etc.
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The fee structure for this remains same as that of the last year. Check the fee structure for the 1st year below.
Official Website: iitr.ac.in
For complete details of IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2020 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.