IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2019 is done on the basis of GATE score, and Sponsored candidates may be admitted through an Interview/Written Test. The Application form for admission in IIT Roorkee M.Tech programmes was available and the last date for submission of online application form and deposit of fee was April 12, 2019, up to 05:00 pm. All entries should be carefully made while applying online for IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2019. Candidates shall be solely responsible for wrong entries. Candidates are advised to ensure the eligibility criteria before applying for admission in M.Tech programmes. You can read this article for detailed information about the IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2019.
Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2019
For admission to PG programmes, candidates need to register and fill the application Online only by accessing http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in. Important dates for M.Tech Admission in IIT Roorkee for academic session 2019-2020 are as follows.
|Declaration of GATE-2019 Result||16 Mar 2019|
|Starts of filling of online application form||18 Mar 2019|
|Last date for filling up of online application form and Deposit of fee||12 Apr 2019 till 5:00 P.M.|
|Date of interview under Sponsored category||10 Jun 2019|
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP)
COAP is a common portal for viewing and accepting offers from participating IITs for Gate Qualified Candidates. COAP provides a common platform for the registered candidates to make the most preferred choice for an admission into an M.Tech. Programme in the participating Institutes or job offers from participating PSU’s. The registered candidates can access the offers by registering at COAP. The decision taken by you on COAP is final, a further request for changes are not allowed.
- Click here to check List of candidates provisionally offered in 3rd Round for M.Tech 2019.
- Click here to check Sample Offer Letter for the 3rd round of Admission to M.Tech.
- Click here to check List of candidates provisionally offered in 2nd Round for M.Tech 2019.
- Click here to check Sample Offer Letter for the 2nd round of Admission to M.Tech.
- Click here to check the list of IIT Graduates who have Provisionally Offered Admission.
- Click here to check the list of candidates offered admission in 1st Round through COAP 2019.
- Click here to check the Sample Offer letter for 1st Round to GATE qualified candidates.
Shortlisted Candidates called for Interview
IIT Roorkee has released the list of candidates called for Interview for M.Tech/M.Arch./MURP admissions under Sponsored category on the official website. Candidates can check the list and appear for the interview process. Use the link below to check it.
Shortlisted Candidate: Click here to check the list of candidates called for Interview for M.Tech/M.Arch./MURP.
Eligible candidates must fill and submit the form with the relevant fee amount before the last date. The last date for submission of online application is mentioned above in the table. Accordingly, no request shall be entertained for accepting the application after the last date. IIT Roorkee is not been responsible for error while making the online application/payment of a fee. Therefore, candidates are advised to submit their application well in advance and not to wait for the last moment. Online application found incomplete in any form will be summarily rejected. No correspondence/communication will be entertained in this regard. Application Form can be filled from the website or through the link given which is mentioned below.
- For General/OBC Category: Rs. 300/-
- For PD/SC/ST Category: Rs. 150/-
- For Foreign Nationals: Nil
The requisite fee can be paid online using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank. The Fee will not be accepted through any other mode.
Pre-requirement of testimonials for uploading before filling the online application form
- Applicant Photo (Only JPG format allowed with max size 500KB)
- Applicant Signature (Only JPG format allowed with max size 500KB)
- UG all semesters/year Marksheets (Only PDF format allowed in a single pdf file with max size 5 MB)
- UG Degree/Provisional Certificate (Only PDF format allowed in a single pdf file with max size 5 MB)
- PG All semesters/year marksheet/Degree/Provisional Certificate (If applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- GATE Score Card (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Maths at 10 + 2 level (10 + 2 Marksheet) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Maths at UG level (UG Marksheet) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- PD Certificate (if applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- SC/ST/OBC-NC/GEN-EWS Category Certificate (if applicable) (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
- Sponsorship Certificate, NOC, Experience Certificate for sponsored candidate only (Only PDF format allowed with max size 5 MB)
How to Apply
Before applying, candidates are advised to read the PG Information Brochure carefully.
Step 1: Registration (Separate applications (with payment) are required for each category)
Step 2: Complete Application Form
Step 3: Proceed to Payment
Note: Download the completed Application Form (Take a print out of the entire file. This printout is NOT to be sent to IIT Roorkee. It is only for candidate’s own record purpose).
Below we mentioned the eligibility criteria for the M.Tech Programmes, Candidates can check it before applying for the admission.
Basis of Selection for Admission
Admission will be made on the basis of either Normalized GATE marks only. Sponsored candidates may be admitted through an Interview/Written Test. Admission will be made strictly in order of merit and the preferences for the programmes given by a candidate in his/her Application. The basis for determining a candidate’s merit position is given in the table below.
|Candidate’s Status||Basis for Selection|
|Regular candidates GATE qualified||Valid Normalized GATE marks only|
|Regular B.Tech. degree holders from the IITs without GATE score||CGPA ≥ 8|
|Sponsored candidates(Full Time and Part Time)||Interview/Written Test & Relevant Experience|
Reservation of Seats
A certain number of seats is reserved for candidates belonging to various categories. The details of the seats reserved (in percentage) under different categories at present as per the directives of the Govt. of India are given in the table below.
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5 %|
|Other Backward Classes||27%|
|Persons with Disability (including leprosy-cured)||5% (Horizontal)|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||3%|
- The provisions for reservation of seats given above are subject to modification in accordance with any Govt. Order, if issued subsequently by the Govt. of India.
- It will entirely be the responsibility of the candidate to prove his/her eligibility in terms of minimum educational qualifications and for claiming reservation under a specific category, if any, at the time of counselling and thereafter.
- Candidate must ensure that he/she possesses the required eligible qualification and has valid Normalized GATE marks in the required discipline.
- Assistantship @ Rs. 12400/- per month may be awarded to GATE qualified candidates as per norms for the duration of the programmes i.e. two years to the full time students for M.Tech. within the sanctioned intake excluding sponsored candidates. However, GATE qualified candidates do not automatically become eligible for the sanction of this assistantship.
- B.Tech. degree holders from any IIT with minimum CGPA of 8.00 on a 10 point scale and given admission without GATE are also eligible for MHRD assistantship.
- Scholarship/Assistantship will not be awarded to those who are in receipt of salary from any source. However, teacher candidates may be granted scholarship/assistantship in addition to the study leave benefits provided that they are not in receipt of any deputation allowance from their employer, in addition to the study leave salary as per norms.
- The continuance of the assistantship/scholarship to a student shall depend upon his/her satisfactory progress report of work, attendance, conduct and the academic performance (SGPA/CGPA), as per Ordinances/ Regulations in vogue.
- Under MoU with the Department of Atomic Energy, the candidates qualifying under Department of Atomic Energy Graduate Fellowship Scheme may be admitted to M.Tech. programmes. The details of the scheme may be obtained from www.hrdbarc.gov.in
- Some foreign scholarships may be available to selected M.Tech. students for doing their dissertation under exchange programmes such as DAAD Sandwich Model Programme of Germany, a programme of KTH, Sweden, Macquarie University, Australia etc.
Official Website: www.iitr.ac.in
For complete details of IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure