IIIT Allahabad M.Tech Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Allahabad is among the 19 IIITs, which have been established by MHRD. It was established in 1990 and in the year 2015, it was ranked 49th in a survey done by Edu and Rand Corporation. IIT Allahabad offers degree like M.Tech/ MBA in various departments Information Technology, Electronics and Communication, Management Studies, and Applied Science. Institute participates in CCMT 2020 for granting admission. Hence, the allocation of seats are done on the basis of GATE scores. Aspirants seeking details on IIIT Allahabad M.Tech Admission 2020 can check all the details from this page.
IIIT Allahabad M.Tech Admission 2020
Valid GATE Score for Admission: The admission are granted on the basis of GATE Score. So, the valid GATE Score will be for the year 2020, 2019, and 2018. Such is because the scorecard of GATE is valid for three years.
CCMT Counselling Process: The process of CCMT Counselling is as below:
- Submitting Choices for the Course and College
- Announcement of Seat Allotment Result
- Confirm the Allocated Seat
- Or Opt for Further Round of Counselling.
Schedule for CCMT Counselling 2020
|Seat Allotment||Dates (Expected)|
|Round 1 Seat allotment||First week of May 2020|
|Round 2 Seat allotment||Third week of May 2020|
|Round 3 Seat allotment||Last week of May 2020|
|Spot Round Seat allotment||4th week of Jun 1st to 2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Reporting of candidates who will be allotted seat in NSR at the admitted institute||Third week of July 2020|
Note: To check all the dates for the CCMT 2020 – Click Here
Courses Offered at IIIT Allahabad
The M.Tech courses offered by IIIT Allahabad are as below:
- Information technology
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
The list of GATE Papers and Corresponding Codes is as given below. Before taking the admission, the candidates must check if the GATE paper for which they appeared is valid for the offered courses or not.
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mathematics||MA|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Physics||PH|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL|
Candidates who satisfy the following two conditions are eligible to seek provisional registration for M.Tech (Working Professionals) :
(i) The candidate should have employment and his/her area of proposed research should correspond to that of his/her profession (job).
The candidate should have been hired by a research investigator as a full-time project assistant/research assistant/JRF/SRF on a research project of at least 18 to 24-month duration. Such a candidate should get a suitable fellowship or salary or honorarium.
The candidate should get sponsorship or a fellowship by any external agency or a self-supporting arrangement and should work on the research problem as a full-time research scholar for a duration of at least 24 months.
A regularly employed/Self-employed person who can afford to spare only part-time towards research has to put in at least 30 months towards the course. (Such a candidate can be from abroad and he/she is treated as an International Candidate)
(ii) A candidate should have M.Sc. degree/ B.E. / B.Tech. / B.S. (4 years)/ Bachelor Degree in the concerned subject or any other degree recognized as equivalent thereto with an overall minimum of 60% of marks (CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale).
For M.tech (Working Professionals) :
- The candidate should identify a supervisor/mentor for his study, identify a research topic, identify a relevant field of research from his profession and propose a plan of study. With this pre-preparation, the candidate should apply for registration.
- Registration shall be based on the recommendation of the prospective supervisor, DPGC of the concerned department, Chairman SPGC and with the approval of the Chairman Senate/ Director. However, in special cases, the DPGC may also suggest the name of the prospective supervisor if the candidate requires support in selecting the supervisor.
- Provisional registration may be recommended by the circulation of application amongst the DPGC members. In such a case the process should not take more than 30 days.
- At the time of submission of an application form, the supervisor of the candidate should suggest 6 courses (Three (3) for part 1 and Three (3) for part 2) along with the proposed syllabus, as per the semester pattern, for part 1 and part 2 assessments. These courses should be at a higher level, relevant and supportive to proposed research work to be submitted as part 3 and part 4. Further, the supervisor should ensure that all six courses are very high level and should be supportive of the research work proposed. However, the DPGC is competent to suggest courses and syllabus other than those recommended in consultation with the supervisor. A course on Research Methodology could be included as one of the courses in Part1 or Part 2.
- The registration is valid for three years. This can be extended by one more year on the basis of the request by the candidate and with the specific recommendation of the supervisor and the approval of the Chairman Senate and on the payment of the prescribed fees, provided there is no change in the topic of research.
- If the candidate fails to submit the thesis even after four years as mentioned above, the registration will become invalid automatically. However, the candidate may be permitted to re-register and submit the dissertation for Part 4 within one year from the date of re-registration, on payment of the prescribed fee provided the candidate has completed Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 successfully.
- No Objection Certificate from the place of work.
- Support Rendering Document from the place of work.
- Supervisors Acceptance Letter.
- Research Proposal.
- Course Work & Syllabus
The candidates pursuing conventional degrees of M. Tech, MBA has mainly course work based curriculum, with project work towards its partial fulfillment while the M.Tech, MBA course proposed for Working Professionals are mainly research-based and fieldwork oriented. Candidates can get all information about the exam, eligibility criteria, courses, fee structure from here.
The seat Matrix for an M.Tech programme (Regular Programme) in IIT Allahabad is given below in the table.
Official Website: iiita.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.