Online Centralized Admission – With the aim of reducing the hardships and difficulties experienced by the students for getting admission to schools of Nursing located at different places of Punjab and to provide the facility of submission of one application for centralized admission, the Punjab Government has decided to invite applications from the desirous candidates having 10+2 qualification for admission to GNM Course for all the seven schools of Nursing of Punjab Government. The candidates are required to submit one application for admission to GNM Course to any of the seven schools of Nursing. The candidates have been given the facility to give their preference regarding admission to any one of seven Nursing Schools depending upon the availability of seats in that school.
Latest: – Merit List for PBGNM 2nd Counselling 2017 has been published. Check it below.
|General Category||05 Sep to 06 Sep 2017|
|Reserved Category||07 Sep 2017|
|All Categories (General & Reserved)||14 Sep 2017|
Merit List – 2nd
2nd Merit List for PBGNM Counselling 2017 is given below for your convenience.
- Merit List for General (GN) Category
- Merit List for SC (SC) Category
- Merit List for Backward Classes (BC) Category
- Merit List for Physically Handicapped (PH) Category
- Merit List for Sports Person (SP) Category
- Merit List for Freedom Fighter (FF) Category
- Merit List for Backward Area (BKA) Category
- Merit List for Border Area (BA) Category
- Merit List for Wards of Defence Personnel Disabled in action to the extent of 50% or above & Boarded out of Service (D2) Category
- Merit List for Wards of Defence Personnel / Exservicemen (D6) Category
A Candidate shall be eligible for admission to the examination if:
- The head of the school certifies that; “ She has completed not less than eleven months of the course and that her total performance has been satisfactory during that period”.
- Minimum requirement for passing shall be 50% marks in aggregate (Internal, External and Practical).
- Minimum 80% attendance in theory and Practical in each subject is required.
Only limited number of candidates will be called for counseling. Admission shall be made on the basis of merit (marks secured by the candidate in 10+2 examination). To start with the candidates having Physics, Chemistry and Biology will be considered for admissions if the seats remain vacant, candidates having Physics and Chemistry will be considered. Candidates with humanities / arts subjects will be considered for admission last of all.
The candidates are required to bring the following:
- 10th Class Certificate – Original and Photocopy
- Character Certificate from the last institute attended
- 10+2 Class Certificate – Original and Photocopy
- Category Certificate (if claimed) – Original and Photocopy
- Candidate who has applied under SC Category, is required to bring Income Certificate
- All the selected candidates will have to deposit full fee on the day of counseling.
- Failure to deposit the fee on the day of counseling will lead to cancellation of admission and the seat will be offered to the next candidate.
- Cheques are not accepted. Only Cash Receipts and Bank Drafts drawn on any Scheduled Bank in favour of Medical Superintendent, Civil Hospital, Jalandhar or Principal, School of Nursing, Civil Hospital, Jalandhar payable at Jalandhar will be accepted.
- All charges are subject to revision by Punjab Government from time to time during the period of course.
- Candidates belonging to Schedule Caste Category will have to bring an Income Certificate from the Competent Authority. Candidates whose parents have annual income less than 2.5 Lacs will be exempted from Paying Annual Course Fee. But these candidates will have to deposit a sum of Rs. 5000/- on the day of counseling as Security otherwise the seat allotted would be cancelled. Candidates belonging to Schedule Caste Category whose parents income is above that 2.5 Lacs per annum or who do not bring Income Certificate will have to pay Rs.40000/- as course fee on the spot. Otherwise the seat allotted to next candidate.
- Students will have to pay for the uniform and books separately.
- Diet charges will be extra and as per actual (Co-operative mess run by Mess Committee).