IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020: Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna, conducts entrance exam for P.B. B.Sc. Nurs./ B.Physiotherapy/ B.Sc. Nurs. & Comb. Paramedics. Candidates have to qualify the entrance exams in order to get a seat. Application forms for admission were invited offline. Candidates can check all details regarding IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020 such as eligibility, exam pattern, seat intake, cut off, fee structure etc from this page.
Latest: The latest update on the official website of IGIMS says “P.B. B.Sc. Nurs. / B.Physiotherapy / B.Sc. NUrs. & Comb. paramed. Entrance Exam 2020 extended-30.06.20 …Read More”. This notice is not opening and the institute has not made any other update so far. As soon as anything new is announced, we will let you know.
IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020
Only those candidates are eligible to write the entrance exam whose applications are received in the institute before the application deadline. Candidates can check important dates regarding admission procedure from the table given here.
Schedule of IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020
|Applications start||18 Mar 2020|
|Last date to submit applications|
|Admit card issue date||–|
IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
The questions in the entrance exam are based on the subjects studied for the qualifying exam. Course-wise syllabus is described below.
For PB B.Sc Nursing: The syllabus is based on GNM subjects, as follows.
|First Aid||Community Health Nursing||Midwifery & Gynecology|
|Pediatrics Nursing||Mental Health||Psychiatric Nursing|
For rest of the courses: Syllabus is based on 10+2 subjects.
|Biology||GK and English|
IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
There are 3 different entrance exams for admission to Nursing/Paramedical courses in Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna. The appropriate exam to be taken is mentioned below.
|Course||Entrance Exam to take|
|BPT||IGIMS Physiotherapy Entrance Examination 2020|
|PB B.Sc Nursing||IGIMS Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Entrance Examination 2020|
|Rest (Degree & Diploma)||IGIMS Combined Entrance Examination 2020|
Now, let us look at the exam pattern for each of these examinations.
IGIMS Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Entrance Examination 2020
- Duration of exam: 75 minutes
- Medium: The questions are asked in English language.
- Type of Questions: Multiple-Choice (MCQ)
- Number of Questions: 50
- Negative Marking: No marks are deducted for incorrect answers.
IGIMS Physiotherapy Entrance Examination 2020 and IGIMS Combined Entrance Examination 2020
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Medium of exam: English
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice (MCQ)
- Number of questions: 100
- Number of parts/sections: The question paper consists of 4 parts.
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark for each correct answer and 0 mark for incorrect answers.
- Part-wise distribution of marks: Check the table below.
|General Knowledge & English||10|
IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Entrance Exam 2020 Cut-off
Category-wise cut-off/ qualifying marks are given in the table below.
IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020 Seat Intake
Number of seats available in various nursing programmes for academic session 2020-21 are provided in the table below.
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy||4.5 yrs||10|
|Post Basic B.Sc Nursing||2 yrs||40|
|B.Sc Nursing||4 yrs||50|
|Bachelor of Optometry||03 yrs||10|
|B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology||03 yrs||12|
|B.Sc Neuro Technology||03 yrs||10|
|B.Sc Cardiac Technology||03 yrs||06|
|General Nursing and Midwifery||3.5 yrs||50|
|Medical Record Technology||2 yrs||04|
|Urological Technology||2 yrs||02|
|OT Assistant Technology||2 yrs||20|
|Dialysis Technology||2 yrs||04|
|Endoscopy Technology||2 yrs||02|
|Medical Radiotherapy Technology||2 yrs||10|
IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020 Result
The institute announces the result on its official website, igims.org and also pastes it on its notice boards. The merit list is prepared on the basis of entrance examinations conducted for IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020. Candidates selected for admission are invited to take part in counselling procedure.
A tie case occurs when 2 or more candidates obtain the same scores in the entrance test. Check the criteria followed to resolve tie-cases below.
For IGIMS Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Entrance Examination– Candidate senior in age is given priority.
For IGIMS Physiotherapy Entrance Examination and IGIMS Combined Entrance Examination– Priority is assigned in the following order.
- Marks in Biology (Botany + Zoology) in 10+2
- Marks in Chemistry in 10+2
- Seniority in age
IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020 Counselling
After the result is out, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences conducts the counselling process to allot seats to the selected candidates. The allotment of seats is done based on the merit list of the entrance tests and the reservation criteria. Candidates have to produce their original documents and certificates at the time of counselling for verification.
Original Documents required at the time of Counselling
- Class 10 Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Affidavit that the student is not pursuing any other course simultaneously
- Affidavit for GNM course
- In case of widow/divorcee, relevant certificate is required (for GNM candidates)
- GNM Mark sheet and Passing Certificate (for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Candidates)
- RN RM Registration with any State Council (for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Candidates)
- NOC from employer (for In-service Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Candidates)
IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for candidates to ensure eligibility before applying for admission. In case it is found out at any stage that required eligibility is not met, candidature of concerned candidate is cancelled. Check the eligibility criteria for all the nursing/paramedical courses below.
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
- Only female candidates are eligible.
- The applicant must have cleared 10+2 or an equivalent examination from a recognized board or university.
- Diploma in General Nursery and Midwifery is required from an institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- RN RM (Registered Nurse Registered Midwife) registration with a State Nursing Council is required to be eligible.
For the rest of the courses (degree and diploma)
Age Limit (as on May 31 of the year of admission): The minimum age required is 17 years.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th or an equivalent examination from a recognized board/university in India with the following subjects: English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- General category candidates required to pass the exams with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks while reserved category candidates need 40% aggregate marks in the qualifying exams.
- Candidates who appearing in the qualifying exam or whose results are awaited may also apply, but they must submit the proof of passing the exams with required marks before publication of the result.
Others: Only female candidates are eligible for GNM and B.Sc Nursing courses.
IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020 Application Form
The application submission process is offline. Candidates willing to apply for IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020 have to download the application form from igims.org. Completed application form along with DD of application fee and all enclosures must be sent via speed post/ registered post to the following address:
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
Sheikhpura, Patna – 800 014 (Bihar)
Application Fee: The applicants have to pay the below-mentioned amounts using a Demand Draft. This DD has to be drawn in favour of “Director, IGIMS, Patna” payable at Patna.
|SC, ST||Rs 500|
|UR (General) and others||Rs 1000|
Documents to enclose with IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Application Form
Self-attested photocopies of following documents are to be attached with the form.
- Class 10 Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12/ equivalent exam mark sheet
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- GNM Mark sheet and Passing Certificate (for PB B.Sc Nursing)
- RN RM registration with any State Council (for PB B.Sc Nursing)
- NOC from current employer (for admission of In-service candidate to PB B.Sc Nursing)
IGIMS Nursing/Paramedical Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Check the fee structure of various programmes for academic year 2020-21.
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Indira Gandhi Insitute of Medical Sciences, Patna
IGIMS was established on November 19, 1983, with an objective to provide super-specialty medical facilities in the state of Bihar. It is an autonomous institution situated at Sheikhpura, Patna. It is affiliated to University Grants Commmission (UGC), Medical Council of India (MCI) and Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The institute offers education in medicine and undertakes health and medicinal research in Bihar. The motto of IGIMS is “Praninam Artinashanam”.
|Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2020 Prospectus||Download|
|BPT 2020 Prospectus||Download|
|Combined Entrance Exam 2020 Prospectus||Download|
Official Website: igims.org
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.