Municipal Corporation of Delhi conducts GNM admission at RVS nursing school, Swami Dayanand Hospital. Candidates can check the information related to GNM Nursing admission from the official website, which is sdnhospital.edu.in or mcdonline.gov.in. Admission to the General nursing & Midwifery course is done on the basis of an entrance exam followed by a counseling process. For complete information regarding MCD Nursing 2020, please check this page.
MCD Nursing 2020
Candidates before applying must check the eligibility criteria because if they do not fall under the eligibility norms set by MCD their candidature might get canceled. To check the important dates pertaining to MCD Nursing 2020 check the schedule provided below.
Schedule for General nursing & Midwifery course
|Availability of application form||02 Sep 2020|
|Last date to submit the applications||21 Sep 2020|
|Download of admit card||28 Sep – 05 Oct 2020|
|Entrance Exam Date||05 Oct 2020|
|Release of result||10 Oct 2020|
|1st Counselling date||14 Oct 2020|
|2nd Counselling date||19 Oct 2020|
|3rd Counselling date||—|
|Medical Examination||To be confirmed from office of RVS nursing school|
|Hostel Joining and Commencement of Course||22 Oct 2020|
MCD Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria
In Order to check the eligibility please go through the pointers listed below.
Candidate must have attained at least 17 years of age (as on December 31, 2020) to appear in the admission process. The upper age limit is 35 years (as on December 31, 2020). There is no age bar for ANM/LHV
- The student must have passed in all the subjects of 10+2 (five subjects as per C.B.S.E policy).
- The candidate must have secured pass mark in English and three elective/ core subjects at 10+2 level or equivalent exam. She must score 40% of the aggregate of three elective or core subject as qualifying criteria.
- Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government, however Science stream is preferable.
- 10+2 with English (passing marks) and must have obtained minimum of 40% marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- 10+2 with English (passing marks) and must have obtained minimum of 40% marks in vocational stream- Health care Science from a recognized CBSE board/State/Centre.
MCD Nursing 2020 Application Form
MCD Nursing 2020 Application Form will be available on the official website of Municipal Corporation of Delhi. It is required to enter all the accurate details in your application forms as any discrepancies found later in the form will result in your disqualification. The registration process is incomplete until you pay the application fees in the online mode. If you belong to the UR / OBC category application fee shall be Rs.1560. If you belong to the SC/ST category application fee shall be Rs.810/- You have to keep ready scanned copies of documents ready for the registration process. The list of documents is listed below.
- Certificate of class Xth (for age verification)
- Mark sheet of class XIIth (for verification of mark & subjects entered in the application form)
- Caste Certificate from Competent Authority. (SC/ST and OBC(Delhi).
- Disability Certificate from Recognised Institute.
- Passport size photographs measuring 3.5 cm. x 3.5cm.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s signature.
MCD Nursing 2020 Admit Card
MCD Nursing 2020 Admit Card will be released soon after the application process is completed. Registered candidates can download it online from the official website of Municipal Corporation of Delhi. It is important to carry the admit card on the exam date as it functions as an identity proof. It will have details about the test centre and timings and also candidate’s roll number.
MCD Nursing 2020 Result
MCD Nursing 2020 Result will be declared after the successful completion of the examination. Candidates will be able to check the result both online and offline. It will be released online on the official website of Municipal Corporation of Delhi. It will also be available on the notice boards of Kasturba Hospital, Hindu Rao Hospital and Swami Dayanand Hospital. The result will be in the form of a merit list. Candidates must keep their roll numbers ready. Their score or rank will be mentioned against it in the list.
Q1: What is the course duration for MCD ANM and GNM?
A1: ANM has 2 year course duration while GNM takes 3 and a half year for completion.
Q2: What is the difference between GNM and ANM?
A2: GNM graduates can work as a home nurse, staff nurse, health visitor, and community health worker. Whereas ANM course teaches students how to take care of equipment, providing medication timely to a patient, setting up of OT, and maintaining records.
Q3: What is the educational eligibility criteria for ANM & GNM?
A3: Both takes admission on the basis of 10+2 Class pass but in GNM with aggregate of 50%.
Official Website: mcdonline.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.