IIFT 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced IIFT result 2020 iift.nta.nic.in under the respective logins of the candidates. The list of shortlisted candidates for GD, PI and WAT has been released by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) at tedu.iift.ac.in. The selection list consist of name of those details for second round. NTA conducts IIFT MBA entrance test for admission in MBA (International Business) a six-trimester general management programme. The candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks are eligible to apply for admission. For more details like IIFT 2020 admission, selection process, entrance test etc, read below.
Latest: IIFT released the list of shortlisted candidates for GD, PI, WAT. Check here.
IIFT 2020 exam is conducted to fill around 220 seats at the Delhi Campus and and around 200 seats at the Kolkata Campus for the MBA programme for 39,752 candidates in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. Check the complete exam schedule for IIFT 2020 from the table below.
|IIFT 2020||Important Dates|
|IIFT Registration 2020 Start Date||09 Sep 2019|
|Last Date to fill IIFT Application Form|
|Last date to pay the application fee|
|Correction in application form start date|
|Last date to edit details in IIFT 2020 Application Form|
|Application form released for NRI/ Foreign nationals on||22 Nov 2019|
|Last date to submit application form and pay application fee by NRI/ Foreign nationals||15 Dec 2019 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|Issuance of IIFT 2020 Hall Ticket|
|IIFT 2020 Exam Date||01 Dec 2019|
|Release of IIFT 2020 answer key||02 Dec 2019|
|Declaration of IIFT 2020 Result|
|List of shortlisted candidates for GD, PI and WAT||23 Dec 2019|
WAT/GD/PI Round of IIFT 2020
IIFT announces the list of shortlisted candidates for the admission process after IIFT entrance exam result is out. The list of selected candidates is uploaded on tedu.iift.ac.in. The admission process includes:
- Written Ability Test
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
The candidates shortlisted are intimated about their GD/PI/WAT date, time and venue via their registered email id. To complete the admission process students have to appear at the allotted venue on the given date and time. A merit list of final selected candidates is prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in all the rounds.
IIFT 2020 Result
The result for Indian Institute of Foreign Trade is announced in the online mode at iift.nta.nic.in. The result is compiled as per the answers indicated in the final answer key. The individual result of the candidates is released online in the form of a e-scorecard, which can be downloaded by the candidates from the official website using their roll number and date of birth.
The scorecard comprises of the name of the candidate, application number, category, sectional marks, toatl marks obtained etc. It is to be noted that there will be no re-evaluation of the nswer sheets.
IIFT 2020 Answer Key
The IIFT 2020 Answer Key is released by the exam conducting body along with the question paper on the official website once the admission process is complete. The candidates can download the answer key in the PDF file from the official website.
However many unofficial sources, coaching institutes such as T.I.M.E, Hitbullseye, Gradeup, IMS etc also release their individual answer keys on their websites on the evening of the exam day. Candidates can use these Answer Key to verify the answers attempted by them and to calculate an estimate of their expected score.
IIFT 2020 Cutoff
The entrance exam for this year has not been conducted yet, so a cutoff for IIFT 2020 will be updated as soon as it is released. Given below is a list of category wise cutoff from previous year so that the candidates can have a look at the cutoff from the past and prepare for the exam accordingly:
|Category||Male Candidate||Female Candidate|
Apart from the overall cutoff, a sectional cutoff is also released which the candidates have to qualify. The sectional cutoff is the minimum number of marks a candidate must score in each section of the question paper individually to qualify for the next round. The section wise cutoff for the year which can be expected is given in the table below:
|Exam Section||Total no. of Questions||Expected Cutoff||Cutoff from 2018|
IIFT 2020 Syllabus and Previous Year Questions
The IIFT 2020 exam is going to be conducted on the basis of a predefined set of topics, the question paper is made using the topics given in the table below:
Previous Year question papers play an important role in the exam preparation for any exam, the candidates can find below some of the previous year question papers of IIFT in the table below:
|Examination Year||Question Papers|
|IIFT conducted in 2018 for admission in 2019||Download Here|
|IIFT conducted in 2017 for admission in 2018||Download Here|
|IIFT conducted in 2016 for admission in 2017||Download Here|
|IIFT conducted in 2015 for admission in 2016||Download Here|
|IIFT conducted in 2014 for admission in 2015||Download Here|
|IIFT conducted in 2013 for admission in 2014||Download Here|
IIFT 2020 Exam Pattern
Given below is the examination pattern for IIFT 2020. The candidates must familiarize themselves with the examination pattern before they start preparing for the exam, a candidate who is well acquainted with the examination process can prepare for the exam without wasting precious time.
|Mode of examination||Computer Based Test|
|Duration of the exam||2 hours|
|Language of the question paper||English|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|Topics to prepare for IIFT 2020||English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical|
Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis.
How to Prepare for IIFT 2020?
The preparation for the round 1 of IIFT MBA IB Entrance Exam is similar to most MBA entrance examination. However because the MBA programme is focused on International Business, the entrance exam paper leans a little towards subject areas related to the topics. The candidates can follow the exam strategies given below:
- Focus first on your weaker areas and since the exam is divided in six sections the candidates must have an exam day strategy, recomments IIFT topper(2018) Harrshit Kansal.
- A proper time management is the strategy to be followed in the exam hall to save time for rechecking of answers.
- Divide your day in sections to focus on new problems, mock tests and revision of topics studied earlier, says 2017 topper, Pranay Das.
- A proper study schedule and managing time while self study is the most important aspect of cracking the IIFT MBA Entrance Exam, according to 2017 topper, Siddharth Tripathi.
- Attempt as many mock tests, and online tests as possible before appearing for the final exam, recommends Manan Shah, the 2017 IIFT topper.
- Study newspapers carefully everyday and keep yourself aware of the current events of at least the past one year.
- Focus on your calculation speed and accuracy through regular practice, which will result in positive results, says 2017 topper Deep Vashi.
IIFT 2020 Important Books
Apart from knowing the exam pattern and syllabus, it is important to check which books has to be referred for the preparation of the exam. As this is a popular exam for MBA so there are ample number of books available in the market. Check the table given below to see some of the best study material for the preparation of IIFT 2020.
|Verbal Ability & Comprehension for CAT/XAT/IIFT with 5 Mock Tests|
By Bharat Patodi and Aditya Choudhary
|IIFT solved paper and mock test 2019 |
By Arihant Experts
|IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) 2019 – Solved Papers 2006-2018|
By Gautam Puri
|TARGET IIFT 2019 (Past Papers 2005 – 2018) + 5 Mock Tests|
By Disha Experts
|MBA 2019-20 : Study Guide (XAT|IIFT|NMAT|SNAP|CMAT) |
By Gautam Puri
IIFT 2020 Admit Card
IIFT issues the admit card to the registered candidate once the application form filling process is over. Candidates can download the admit card on the scheduled dates from the official website of IIFT 2020. The candidates will need the application registration number and password to download the same. Follow the exam instructions given on the admit card carefully, and carry a color printout of the admit card along with a valid photo id proof to the examination hall. The admit card has the candidate details along with the date, time and venue details for the IIFT 2020 exam.
IIFT 2020 Test Centers
While filling the application form for IIFT 2020, the candidates must select any four cities of their choice for giving the CBT. Candidates can check the list of IIFT 2020 Test Centers from the table below.
Andaman and Nicobar
Durg / Bhilai Nagar
Daman & DIU
Delhi/ New Delhi
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Ahmedabad / Gandhinagar
Panaji / Madgaon
Palampur / Kangra
Bokaro Steel city
Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar (J & K)
Dharwad / Hubli
Manipal / Udupi
Alappuzha / Chengannur
Ernakulam / Angamaly / Moovattupuzha
Mumbai / Navi Mumbai
Berhampur – Ganjam
Patiala/ Fathegarh Sahib
Hyderabad / Secunderabad / Ranga reddy
Kanyakumari / Nagercoil
Noida / Greater Noida
Eligibility Criteria for IIFT 2020
The eligibility criteria for admission in the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) MBA IB programme is given below, the candidates must ensure if they are eligible to give the exam before filling the application form.
Eligibility criteria for Indian Nationals:
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 yrs duration) in any discipline with 50% marks for general candidates and 45% marks for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Candidates in the final semester of gradation can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by October 07, 2020.
- There is no age limit for applying.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals and NRI candidates:
- Should have a recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’ duration with minimum 50% marks.
- Those appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by October 07, 2020.
- A candidate should have been (expected to be) resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31,, 2019 and be outside India during the IIFT examination window.
- The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad have to produce with application a certificate from the Indian Embassy / High Commission /Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stating that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2019.
- Foreign Nationals must have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India. The Foreign Nationals who are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test are required to take the same.
- Candidate should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score which should be received by the Institute latest by 15th February 2020. GMAT taken before January 01, 2018 is not valid.
- In case if a candidate has appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2019) such as CAT /XAT /IIFT, etc., he /she is not eligible to apply. Candidates are required to give the undertaking for the same.
- NRI-Sponsored candidates and Children of NRIs are not considered under this category.
Official Notice for IIFT 2020 Exam Date by NTA
IIFT 2020 Application Form
The candidates who are interested in applying for the IIFT 2020 exam can check the step-by-step application form filling process given below. The candidates can follow through these steps to fill the application form:
- Visit the official IIFT 2020 website and click on “Fill Application Form” button
- Complete the primary registration step by filling in Candidate’s Name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Date of birth, Gender, Nationality, Mobile number, Email id, and create a Login password. After doing this click on submit.
- Check the application number received on the registered email and phone number, use to login into the candidate profile.
- Complete the application form by filling the personal details such as qualification details, work experience and communication details.
- Pay the application fee online and upload the scanned images of the candidate.
- Submit the final application and download the confirmation page.
IIFT 2020 Application Fees
Given below is the category wise application fee for IIFT 2020, the candidates can pay the prescribed application fee online using the Debit/Credit Card/ Net Banking, according to their category:
|General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)||Rs 2000/-|
|For Foreign Nationals/NRIs||US$ 150 / Rs.9,500/-|
IIFT 2020 Application Form Correction
NTA provides a one-time opportunity to the candidates to edit details in the IIFT 2020 application form correction. The form correction process can be done by online mode only. Candidates have to pay an additional fee, wherever applicable by online mode only. IIFT form correction window is provided for 03 days only and candidates must edit the detail(s) before the end date. NTA has specified that request for a change in IIFT test centre is not allowed.
What’s New in IIFT 2020?
Candidates can check here all the important updates and new addition in the IIFT entrance exam:
1. One of the biggest change is that instead of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, NTA is conducting IIFT 2020 entrance exam. NTA is a very new body but since last year, it has taken over responsibility to hold major examination like CMAT, GPAT, JEE Main, NEET, and now IIFT.
2. Another important change in the exam is that it will be held in online mode. Until last year, the exam exam was held in pen and paper mode.
3. NTA has established “Test Practice Centers (TPCs)” across India to familiarise candidates with the Computer-based test. Candidates aspiring to appear for IIFT 2020 can appear in more than 4000 Schools/ engineering colleges on Saturday/ Sunday to take the mock test. It is free of cost and will start from September 01, 2019.
4. There will be a form correction facility for the candidates to edit/ modify details in the form.
5. Also, NTA will release Response Sheet, Question Paper and Answer Key for the candidates after the exam.
IIFT 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The marks of graduation are considered as the qualifying eligibility marks for taking admission in IIFT MBA IB program.
Ans : The difficulty level of the GD/PI/WAT round is moderate to hard. However, the candidates who have prepared well and are clear in their concepts can easily ace the round.
Ans : The candidates can prepare for IIFT 2020 at home by first checking the syllabus and examination pattern of the exam. Once the syllabus is clear the candidates can use various preparatory books available in the market to clear their concepts and then solve as many previous year tests and mock test as possible.
Ans : The top 50 candidates of the MBA IB batch 2017-2019 were given an average package of 31.12 LPA and the top 50 percentile of the candidates were placed with an average package of 24.52 LPA.
Ans : The previous year question papers are used by the candidates to gain knowledge about the type of questions that can be expected in the entrance exam. The candidates can use these question papers to judge their performance and time themselves on their test solving capabilities.
Ans : The candidates can read popular news daily and find out the meanings of difficult words through the dictionary. The candidates can also read books such as “Word Power Made Easy” by Norman Lewis to increase their English Vocabulary.
Ans : No, IIFT does not release the marks of the GD/PI/WAT round. A merit list of finally selected candidates is released on the official website.
For more information on IIFT 2020, click here to download the information brochure.
Official website: iift.nta.nic.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.