IIFT MBA (IB) – Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) stands for academic excellence. Over the last 53 years,IIFT has nurtured excellence in international trade and investment. With the modest beginning as a facilitator for external trade in 1963, IIFT has emerged as one of the pioneering Institutes in the Asia Pacific playing the role of a leading B-Schools in the Sub-Continent besides being a Think Tank Organisation for foreign trade and policy matters and also a hub for research and knowledge dissemination.
IIFT offers an array of programmes starting from Ph.D. to Diploma and Certificate Courses in International Business and MBA programme in Delhi and Kolkata campus at the international level. IIFT conduct every year entrance exam for admission into the MBA (IB) programme. The final selection of the candidates is based on marks obtained in written test, Group discussion and personnel interview. Interested candidates can check all the details about IIFT MBA (IB) from below.
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was established in 1963 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry to contribute in the skill building for the external trade sector of India. It has come a long way to successfully develop into a unique institution involved in imparting knowledge through research and training in international business and trade.Candidaates who want to take admission in to the institute, have to fill application form and then face written test, Group discussion and Personal interview.
|IIFT 2019 MBA IB exam date||02 Dec 2018|
|IIFT 2020 MBA IB exam date||01 Dec 2019|
About Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- IIFT offers several programs including PhD, Diploma, Certificate.
- MBA in International Business at IIFT Delhi and Kolkata are flagship programs.
- Institute holds entrance exam for MBA IB admissions on yearly basis. More than 52,000 students apply for it.
- Placements at institute are 100%. 3 Students of IIFT were offered 1cr+ packages in 2015-17 batch.
IIFT Delhi Campus
Campus of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade in Delhi is in Qutab Institutional Area. It is built over an area of 6.5 acres.
IIFT Kolkata Campus
It became functional in 2006 in East Kolkata. Area covered by Kolkata IIFT campus is 7 acres.
IIFT Kakinada Campus
Government of Andhra Pradesh has given a land of 25 acres to IIFT. Campus will be similar to that in Delhi and Kolkata. IIFT will function on rented premises in Kakinada subject to approval of UGC.
Placement Record of IIFT MBA IB
Placement Cell of IIFT guides and assists two year full time MBA IB students to secure good jobs. Several alumni hold reputed positions in top companies in world.
2017 Placement Stats
- 3 Students got 1 crore plus salary package.
- 6 Students got 75 lakh plus salary package.
- 81 Companies recruited students from IIFT Delhi and Kolkata.
- Highest international salary package is US$ 1.5 LPA.
- Highest domestic salary package is INR 26 LPA.
- Average salary offered to students was 18.43 LPA.
- 20 International offers were made.
- 74 Pre Placement Offers were made.
- IIFT MBA International Business
MBA (International Business) is a six trimester general management programme with a focus on International Business for developing a competent cadre of business executives to meet the country’s growing requirements for trained personnel in the field of International Business Management. Developments in the international market on the one hand and the consequential impact of the same on India’s domestic market on the other, call for an increasingly professional approach and sensitivity to international business environment.
|Core Courses||Elective Courses|
|Electives with IB focus||General electives|
- Comprehensive Viva
- Foreign Language (French / Spanish / Mandarin)
- Research / Live Project
- Sea Port Visit
- Social Awareness Programme
- Summer Project
IIFT MBA IB Eligibility Criteria
Applicant must have Bachelor degree of at least 3 years in any discipline, with at least 50% marks (45% for SC / ST / PwD candidates).
There is no age limit.
Note – In the event that a candidate takes admission in IIFT but later gets less than requisite marks in graduation, then his/her candidature will be cancelled. Also admission of such students who do not update qualification status after admission will be cancelled.
IIFT MBA IB Syllabus
IIFT MBA IB syllabus indicates topics from which questions will be asked in entrance exam, which are as follows.
Verbal Ability : Questions shall be based on following topics :
- Idioms & Phrases
- Correction of Grammatical Errors in Sentence construction for underlined parts
- Placement of words at appropriate places
- Matching the prefix and suffix
- One word substitution
- Fill in the Blanks
- Jumbled sentences
- Figures of Speech
- Spelling Correction
Reading Comprehension : Questions are based on :
- Current Affairs – Business & Economy
- Social Scenario in the country
- International happenings and their impact on India
- Opinion Based Abstract topics
- Fact based data driven topics
General Awareness : IIFT Syllabus on GK places mix of questions on currencies, appointments, personalities, business and economy among others. Topics covered under this sections are :
- Matching the logos
- Question on English language usage like Make in India, Ease of doing business
- Matching the stock markets to countries
- Currency of the country
- Current Affairs
- Famous personalities endorsing the product for example ‘Which product not endorsed by Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador’
- Fictional Characters
- Books and Authors
- Business & Economy
Logical Reasoning : Questions are based on following
- Team based questions
- Coding – de Coding
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Seating Arrangements
Quantitative Aptitude : Questions are based on following topics
- Simple Interest
- Man Days and work
- Filling of overhead tank
Geometry, Algebra, Log
- Rectangular Plank
- Diagonal distance
Other topics are Integers, Time, distance, speed/Time & work, Other Arithmetic questions, Algebra, Mensuration, Log theory, Geometry, Permutation combination
Data Interpretation : Question are based on
- Analysis and comparative study of Data Tables
- Charts and Graphs with Tables
- Pie Charts and Tables
- Bar Diagrams and Comparative Tables
IIFT MBA Entrance Exam Pattern
Given below is the examination pattern for IIFT 2020. The candidates must familiarize themselves with the examination pattern before they start preparing for the exam, a candidate who is well acquainted with the examination process can prepare for the exam without wasting precious time.
- Mode of Examination : Online ( Computer based Test)
- Duration of Exam : 2 hours
- Total number of questions : Changes every year
- Language of Question paper : English
- Maximum Marks : 100
- Type of Questions : MCQ
- Negative Marking : 1/3rd of the allotted marks for each question
Marking Scheme of IIFT 2020
The marks are calculated on the basis of a set pattern of the exam, where each section of the question paper has a different number of question paper and a different amount of marks are allotted to each section of the question paper. The distribution of marks in each section are discussed in the table below:
|Sections||Total no. of questions||Marking Scheme|
Components of IIFT MBA IB admission
- Written Test
- Group Discussion
- Writing Skills Assessment and
Programmes Offered by IIFT
- Ph.D. Programme at Delhi and Kolkata.
- Two-year MBA (International Business) at New Delhi and Kolkata.
- Two Years & Six Months MBA (International Business) Weekend at New Delhi and
- Two-year MBA (International Business) at Dar-es-Salaam (Tanzania).
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business at New Delhi and Kolkata.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing at New Delhi.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Finance at New Delhi.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business – Hybrid (through HUGHES
- Communication Ltd.).
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma Programme in International Business Strategy – Hybrid
- (thru NIIT Imperia).
- Post Graduate Certificate Programme in International Business and Finance- Hybrid (thru
- TECH Mahindra).
- Certificate Programme in Export Import Management: On campus and Hybrid.
- Certificate Programme in Global Trade Logistics and Operations at New Delhi.
- Grade A by NAAC with CGPA score of 3.53.
- Super League 1 in Best B-School Ranking 2017 by Business Standard.
- A+++ which is highest B-School rating by Business Management Chronicle 2016.
- Number 2 in Top Government B-Schools of India by GHRDC CSR B School Survey 2016.
- Number 10 in Business World Survey 2016.
Official Website: www.tedu.iift.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.