NITIE Mumbai Admission 2019 – National Institute of Industrial Engineering Mumbai, also known as NITIE Mumbai. NITIE uses CAT 2018 scores for shortlisting/selecting candidates for PGDIM and PGDISEM programs. The application form for the NITIE Mumbai Admission 2019 has been released. The NITIE Mumbai Admission process for 2019 session has been started from November 01, 2018. Shortlisted candidates will appear for group discussion and personal interview. Get here the complete details of NITIE Mumbai Admission process such as important dates, application form, eligibility from the below.
NITIE Mumbai Admission 2019
Candidates are advised to first check the eligibility criteria for the NITIE Mumbai Admission process before applying. NITIE Mumbai Admission 2019 dates for application form submission, group discussion and personal interview are given below.
|Online Application Begins||01 Nov 2018|
|Payment Gateway Closure||01 Feb 2019|
|Online Application Closes|
|Last date for entry of CAT Score Details||01 Feb 2019|
|GD / PI||25 Mar to 29 Mar 2019|
|Course Begins||Jun 2019|
NITIE Mumbai Application Form 2019
The application form for both PGDIM/PGDISEM courses are common. Candidates can more than one courses. If applying for more than one programme, candidate needs to give his/her preferences and pay the applicable application fees. Interested candidates should apply through online mode only.
Application process is now over…!!!
- Application Fee for each programme is Rs 1000 for applicants from India and SAARC countries
- Fee is Rs 500 in case of SC / ST / PwD candidates.
- Fee is USD 50 for international students
Instruction to Apply Online
- Candidates need to register themselves in the Admissions Portal.
- Candidates have to fill their Personal, Educational, Work Experience, Extra Curricular, CAT score and Payment related information.
- Related information can be filled by clicking the appropriate tab.
- Help can be availed in each page by clicking on the instructions hyper link.
- Fill the required information as per the specified format on each page and click on “Save” to save your information. Information of the page will not get saved unless you click the “Save” button.
- Enter “date of birth” by following the instructions for selecting date of birth from the calendar.
- Enter undergraduate marks semester wise. Aggregate marks will automatically be calculated by taking the average of all semesters.
- CAT score should be entered immediately after the CAT result is announced. This needs to be done before the closure of online portal.
- Candidates can make their payment only in online mode. For this click on “Make Payment” Tab.
- Ensure that you have filled all of the required and mandatory information.
- Form cannot be submitted without entering CAT score and payment details.
NITIE Mumbai Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria and Selection Process
Engineering/Technology graduates in any branch with aggregate* 60% marks (relaxation of 5% in case of SC/ST/PwD (Persons with disabilities) candidates) and a valid CAT score. The reservation of seats exists for SC/ST/OBC-NC (Non-Creamy) and PwD candidates as per Govt. of India rules. Final year Engineering/Technology candidates can also apply, provided they qualify the above criteria for exams appeared till date. Students appearing for final year exams in 2019 will be permitted to submit their result by September 30, 2019. Their admission will stand cancelled in case they fail to meet the qualifying requirements.
The reservation of seats exist for SC / ST / OBC-NC (Non-Creamy) and PwD candidates as per Govt. of India rules.
Seats are available for Sponsored Candidates in PGDISEM. Sponsored Candidates must be from reputed Industrial Organization/Academic Institution. The Candidates must have aggregate* 60% marks in Engineering/Technology with two years of full time work experience as on last date of submission of application as prescribed. CAT score is not required for sponsored candidates. However they are required to attend a written test and Personal interview to be conducted at the institute. Sponsored candidates should also fill-in the Sponsorship Form available on the NITIE website.
15% of the approved intake (in supernumerary quota) will be reserved for international students in each programme offered by NITIE. Entry level qualification shall be at par with that of Indian students as specified above and the candidates should have a valid GMAT score. Foreign candidate should have a valid TOEFL or IELTS score. All the candidates are required to have a minimum of 18 (eighteen) months of stay at overseas countries as on last date of submission of application as prescribed. All international candidates must submit a SOP (Statement of Purpose) and two LORs (Letters of Recommendations) in soft copy. Shortlisted candidates should attend the interview along with Indian students; if not feasible, there is an option for interview through video conferencing.
Every Candidate will have to qualify through the CAT administered by the IIMs. This will be followed by a group discussion and personal interview of the shortlisted candidates to be held at NITIE, Mumbai.
Shortlists for GD and PI Process
Candidates satisfying below requirements shall only be considered for short listing:
- Who have applied to the Programme and paid the prescribed registration fee within the time specified, and
- Who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria is given above
- Who have a valid CAT score
Candidates are shortlisted for the group discussion and personal interview process based on their valid CAT scores subject to meeting minimum Eligibility Criteria is given above
Candidates are shortlisted for the group discussion and personal interview process based on GMAT scores, IELTS/ TOEFL (applicable for foreign candidates).
Note: Shortlisted candidates are called to the institute campus for the GD and PI process.
Final Merit List
Merit List is based on a composite score which takes into account the candidates academic records, CAT score, relevant work experience (if any) and performance in the GD and PI.
- PGDIM – 274 Seats
- PGDISEM – 39 seats (including 15 seats for sponsored candidates)
- 15% of the approved intake (in Supernumerary Quota) will be reserved for international students in each Programme offered by NITIE
Official website: www.nitie.edu
Download Admission Brochure for NITIE PGDIM 2019