National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai had issued the notification for admission to the two-year full time programmes, approved by AICTE in Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management (PGDIM) & Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Safety and Environmental Management (PGDISEM). Institute uses CAT (Common Admission Test) scores for shortlisting/selecting the candidates for Post Graduate Programmes in Industrial Management (PGDIM) and Industrial Safety and Environmental Management (PGDISEM). The Candidates should follow the CAT advertisement of IIMs for CAT 2017. However, IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the Programme. Candidate can check their Eligibility, Application Procedure, Selection Procedure & other important Information from the page given below.
Schedule for NITIE Mumbai PGDIM & PGDISEM Admission 2018 is given below.
|Online Application Begins||06 Nov 2017|
|Online Application Closes||22 Jan 2018|
|GD / PI||March 26 & Mar 30|
|Course Begins||June 2018|
Eligible candidate who wishes to apply for NITIE Mumbai Admission 2018 through CAT Score can apply online from the official website as per the schedule given above. The application process is common to both PGDIM/PGDISEM programme. Candidate can apply for more than one Programme. If applying for more than one programme, candidate needs to give his/her preferences and pay the applicable application fees.
Apply Online : Link will be available on the official website i.e., www.nitie.edu
Application Fees – Application Fee for each programme is Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates) for applicants from India and SAARC countries and USD 50 for International students, plus bank charges as applicable. This fee can be paid through payment gateway.
Instructions for Applying Online
- Candidates need to register themselves in the Admissions Portal.
- Candidates have to fill their Personal, Educational, Work Experience, Extra Curricular, CAT score and Payment related information.
- Related information can be filled by clicking the appropriate tab.
- Help can be availed in each page by clicking on the instructions hyper link.
- Fill the required information as per the specified format on each page and click on “Save” to save your information. Information of the page will not get saved unless you click the “Save” button.
- Enter “date of birth” by following the instructions for selecting date of birth from the calendar.
- Enter undergraduate marks semester wise. Aggregate marks will automatically be calculated by taking the average of all semesters.
- CAT score should be entered immediately after the CAT result is announced. This needs to be done before the closure of online portal.
- Candidates can make their payment only in online mode. For this click on “Make Payment” Tab.
- Ensure that you have filled all of the required and mandatory information.
- Form cannot be submitted without entering CAT score and payment details.
To be eligible, the candidate has to have a full-time Engineering/Technology degree in any branch from a recognized university with aggregate 60% marks (relaxed by 5% for SC/ST/PwD candidates) and a valid CAT score.
Students in the final year of graduation can also apply subject to the following conditions:
- Provided they qualify the above criteria for examinations appeared till date.
- Complete their examination, viva voce etc, by the time of joining the Institute.
- Submit the final year mark-sheet and provisional certificate, latest by September 2018.
Applicants should take the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 conducted by the IIMs in order to apply for the programmes.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview at NITIE, Mumbai.
Shortlists for GD and PI Process
Candidates satisfying below requirements shall only be considered for short listing:
- Who have applied to the Programme and paid the prescribed registration fee within the time specified, and
- Who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria, and
- Who have a valid CAT score
Indian candidates are shortlisted for the group discussion and personal interview process based on their valid CAT scores subject to meeting minimum Eligibility Criteria.
International candidates are shortlisted for the group discussion and personal interview process based on GMAT scores, IELTS/ TOEFL (applicable for foreign candidates) and 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree.
Shortlisted candidates are called to the institute campus for the GD and PI process.
Final Merit List
Merit List is based on a composite score which takes into account the candidate’s academic records, CAT score, relevant work experience (if any) and performance in the GD and PI process.