CMC Ludhiana MBBS Admission 2014
UG AWT is conducted for admission to MBBS, BDS, B.Sc. Nursing and BPT (collectively called as UG courses) of CMC Ludhiana. Admission to these courses in this institution, are on the basis of merit obtained in the Admission Written Test (UG-AWT) conducted by Christian Medical College Ludhiana Society.
CMC Ludhiana MBBS Entrance Exam Date – 28 May 2014.
Application Form – Online submission of form. Last date to apply is 14 May 2014.
CMC Ludhiana MBBS Admission 2014 Quick Links
MBBS Seats in CMC Ludhiana
|All India General Open||13|
|Christians with Service Agreement-Punjab||15|
|Christians with Service Agreement- All India (Non Punjab)||31|
|SC/ST from Punjab||2|
|BC from Punjab||1|
- The Information Brochure of CMC Ludhiana MBBS Admission 2014 has been published on 02 April 2014.
CMC LUDHIANA MBBS ADMISSION 2014 IMPORTANT DATES
|Prospectus available online from||31.03.2014|
|Last date for online application||14.05.2014|
|Last day of receipt of completed application form||16.05.2014||17:00|
|Admit cards available from||19.05.2014|
|Last day to receive query regarding non-receipt of admit card||22.05.2014|
|Admission Written Test||28.05.2014 14:00|
|Publication of merit list on or before||04.06.2014|
|1st Counseling for MBBS||15.07.2014||09:00|
|Medical examination for MBBS||25.07.2014 / 26.07.2014||07:30|
|Orientation for MBBS||28.07.2014 to 31.07.2014||08:00|
|1st Counseling for BDS||16.07.2014||09:00|
|Medical examination for BDS||29.07.2014||07:30|
|Orientation for BDS||30.07.2014 to 31.07.2014||08:00|
|1st Counseling for B.Sc. Nursing||17.07.2014||09:00|
|Medical examination for B.Sc. Nursing||30.07.2014||07:30|
|Orientation for B.Sc. Nursing||31.07.2014 to 01.08.2014||08:00|
|1st Counseling for BPT||18.07.2014||09:00|
|Medical examination for BPT||01.08.2014||07:30|
|Orientation for BPT||02.08.2014||08:00|
|Parents and Admitted candidates will meet with the Administration and Faculty at 6:00 pm on the|
|day of 1st counselling, as per dates for respective courses.|
|Classes start for MBBS/BDS courses||01.08.2014||08:00|
|Classes start for BSc Nursing||02.08.2014||08:00|
|Classes start for BPT courses||04.08.2014||08:00|
|2nd Counselling for all courses for any vacant seats (if any)||20.08.2014||10:00|
|Last date for any admissions||30.09.2014|
CMC LUDHIANA MBBS ADMISSION 2014 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be at least 17 years of age on 31st December 2014 (the date of birth being shown on the Matriculation or Higher Secondary Certificate or equivalent certificate). Applicants born after 31st December 1997 are not eligible to apply for admission to Undergraduate courses starting in July 2014.
Applicants must be citizens of India for UG AWT 2014. Persons of Indian Origin with Citizenship of other countries may apply under NRI category for which a separate prospectus is available. No other foreign national will be admitted.
- A candidate for admission to MBBS and BDS must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry Biology and English individually and must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English and a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/BC) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the qualifying examination (as per MCI Regulations 1997).
- For admission to B.Sc. Nursing and BPT course a Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry , Biology and English in 10+2 examination.
He / She has passed qualifying examination as under: -
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years education structure as recommended by the National Committee on education; OR
- The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board of recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject; OR
- The Pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent examination. The preprofessional/ pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a Compulsory Subject. OR
- The first year of the three-year degree course of a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is a ‘University Examination’ and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course. OR
- *B.Sc. examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects-Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects-Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English. OR
- *Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
- * Candidates will have to obtain eligibility from the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab.
- Punjab domicile candidates should have passed his/her 10+1 and 10+2 examination or other qualifying examination (as listed above) as regular candidate from a recognized institution situated in Punjab only.
- The candidate would be required to submit a certificate to this effect from the Principal/Head of the Institution last attended in the prescribed Performa.
- The candidates who have studied as regular students both for 10+1 and 10+2, for two years in a recognized institution situated in Punjab and have appeared in the 10+2 examination from that institution but due to failure have cleared the 10+2 examination in supplementary batch, or subsequently are also eligible subject to the condition that they clear such examination before submitting form for Entrance Test or if they have appeared in the examination, at the time of submissions of the form for entrance test and their result of 10+2 is yet awaited, they submit a proof of having cleared the said examination at the declaration of the awaited result with requisite eligibility conditions.
- In case the candidate has also studied mathematics along with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English then the marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for the purpose of calculation of 10+2 marks for consideration of merit.
- It is upon the candidate to prove and support with appropriate documentation and certificates that he / she is eligible to apply under a certain category and for the courses mentioned. No documentation is to be produced for applying to appear in the UG AWT 2014 and as such information provided in the application form will be considered as true. BUT at the time of appearing for counseling the candidate will have to prove the facts given in the form regarding eligibility to be admitted to a particular course in a particular category E.g. A candidate applying in category 10 for B.Sc. Nursing will have to prove that she is from Punjab as well as from Backward caste.
Examination of universities / board / body outside India
- Applicants seeking admission on the basis of qualification obtained in foreign countries from a University/ Board outside India shall apply to the Registrar Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Kotkapura Road, Faridkot-151 203, Punjab., India http://www.bfuhs.ac.in to receive an Eligibility certificate for applying for admission to 1st year Undergraduate courses of this college. If a true copy of the eligibility certificate does not accompany the detailed marks of the qualifying examination for admission, the application will not be considered. However, all applicants who are hopeful of getting eligibility certificate from Baba Farid University of Health Sciences can appear in the entrance test provided the fee for the test has been paid by the applicant.
- Candidates having qualifying examinations from schools / institution outside India are to produce proof of Indian citizenship (Passport only) at time of admission.
CMC LUDHIANA MBBS ENTRANCE EXAM 2014
A common undergraduate admission written test (CMC Ludhiana UG AWT 2014) will be held for the UG courses. Date of UG-AWT 2014 – 28th May 2014 from 02:00 pm to 04:30 pm. The candidates should report to the allotted Center by 01.30 pm. Bible Test for Christian applicants will be held from 4:45 pm to 5:15 pm, on the same day. Therefore, all Christian applicants applying in the “Christians with service agreement” (MBBS) and “Christian Minority Categories” need to remain seated after the UG–AWT–2014 till 5:20 pm.
- The paper will be of 2.5 hours duration.
- It shall have 50 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Aptitude.
- All questions will be Multiple Choice.
- There is no negative marking in CMC Ludhiana MBBS Entrance Exam 2014.
Bible Test for Christian applicants
- The Bible Test for Christian applicants will be held on the same day, from 4.45 PM to 5.15 PM.
- Bible Test is of Objective type with 50 questions and is based on facts from the Holy Bible (English Language only).
- This is only for candidates under Christian Minority category.
All the admissions to CMC Ludhiana are made with the approval of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab; of the Government as may be applicable; Medical Council of India ; Dental Council of India ; Punjab Nurses Registration Council and Indian Nursing Council and selection guidelines of the Christian Medical College, Ludhiana. These are subject to alterations, amendments and modifications as may be considered necessary from time to time by the authorities concerned.
Admission will be entirely on merit, based on the Admission Written Test – CMC Ludhiana MBBS Admission 2014 Entrance Exam.