CMC Ludhiana 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam is for medical admissions in Christian Medical College (CMC) Ludhiana. Merit for CMC Ludhiana 2016 MBBS Admission is to be determined on the basis of Under Graduate Admission Test held by CMC Ludhiana for MBBS, BDS, B.Sc, Nursing, BPT.
Like every year, this time too the CMC Ludhiana MBBS Admission 2016 is expected to be offered by the college. For this, the CMC Ludhiana 2016 Entrance Exam is expected to be held. Medical aspirants will be able to register and apply for the medical entrance exam.
CMC Ludhiana 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam and Admission
UG Medical courses offered include MBBS (75 seats), BDS (40 seats), B.Sc Nursing (60 seats), BPT (20 seats). Important points for the entrance examination and admissions are as follows.
- Each year the UG Admission Test is held in the month of May. This year’s CMC Ludhiana MBBS 2016 Entrance Exam date will be announced.
- CMC Ludhiana 2016 application form is expected to be available either in March or April.
- The Christian Medical College will issue a notification announcing the entrance exam date, and inviting application forms from eligible candidates, probably in the month of February.
- Candidates who apply and appear in the entrance exam as per schedule released for the CMC Ludhiana 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam and Admission will be able to compete for the medical seats offered for academic session 2016-2017.
- Applicants will be issued CMC Ludhiana MBBS Admit Card 2016 to appear in the examination. Candidates who have applied for the exam will be required to download hall tickets from the website cmcludhiana.in and carry the same on the day of exam.
- Those who qualify the examination shall be called for counselling. CMC Ludhiana MBBS Admission 2016 is expected to be on the basis of merit obtained in CMC Ludhiana 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam.
CMC Ludhiana MBBS Entrance Exam Date – probably in May 2016.
Application Form – Online submission of form is usually available in Feb / March. Last year the application fee was Rs 3900.
CMC Ludhiana MBBS Admission 2016 Quick Links
Test Center Cities – Last year, the under graduate admission test was held in Amritsar, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhatinda, Bhopal, Kolkatta, Chandigarh/Mohali, Chennai, Guwahati, Jalandhar, Kochi, Ludhiana/Khanna, Mumbai, Nagpur, Delhi/NCR, Trivandrum. The details of admission center will be printed in the hall ticket issued for the CMC Ludhiana 2016 Entrance Exam.
Insofar CMC Ludhiana MBBS 2016 Entrance Exam and Admission has not been announced officially. All the details given on this page are as per last year’s brochure and only for reference. This information has been provided so that students who have started looking for CMC Ludhiana 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam and Admissions can get an idea of the exam and admissions procedure. As soon as the official details of admissions 2016-2017 are announced by the college, they will be updated here.
Important dates of the CMC Ludhiana 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam and Admission will be elaborated in the table below. These dates indicate the starting and last date of application form submission, issue of hall ticket, entrance exam date, results declaration date, and counselling dates.
|Availability of online application form||Expected in April 2016 (first week)|
|Last date to submit online form||Expected in May 2016 (first week)|
|Availability of CMC Ludhiana admit card||Expected in May 2016 (second week)|
|Last date to receive queries regarding non-receipt of hall ticket||Expected in May 2016 (third week)|
|Date of exam||Expected in May 2016 (last week)|
|CMC Ludhiana 2016 Result||Expected in June 2016 (first week)|
|1st Counselling for MBBS||Expected in June 2016 (third week)|
CMC Ludhiana MBBS 2016 Application Form must be filled by eligible candidates only.
The following eligibility criteria pertains to the points notified last year. This year’s eligibility criteria will be updated in Feb / March.
Applicants must be at least 17 years of age on 31st December of the year of admissions.
Applicants must be citizens of India. Persons of Indian Origin with Citizenship of other countries may apply under NRI category for which a separate prospectus is available. No other foreign national will be admitted.
- A candidate for admission to MBBS and BDS must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together (40% for SC/BC) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying examination (10+2 examination).
- For admission to B.Sc. Nursing and BPT course a Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English in 10+2 examination.
Apart from the above, candidate must also fulfill criteria for qualifying examination. Punjab domicile candidates must further satisfy conditions of passing 11 and 12 class from recognized institution situated in Punjab only. For more details of eligibility criteria, candidate must go through the information brochure issued by the Christian Medical College (CMC) Ludhiana.
CMC Ludhiana MBBS Entrance Exam 2016
CMC Ludhiana 2016 MBBS Admit Card must be carried to the examination hall.
The medical entrance exam is held as a Computer Based Test (CBT). Subjects asked in the paper are Physics, Chemistry and Biology (of 11th and 12th class standard under 10+2 system) and also includes a test on General Aptitude. A Bible Test is also to be conducted for Christian candidates. The entrance exam conducted by Christian Medical College is designed to test candidate’s knowledge in science.
The following exam pattern pertains to the scheme notified last year. This year’s exam pattern will be updated in Feb / March.
|CMC Ludhiana Entrance Exam (UG)||Details|
|General Aptitude||50 Questions|
Bible Test for Christian applicants
- The Bible Test for Christian applicants is held on the same day.
- Bible Test is also be a Computer Based Test and is of objective type with 50 questions based on facts from the Holy Bible (English Language only).
- This is only for candidates under Christian Minority category.
All the admissions to CMC Ludhiana are made with the approval of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab; of the Government as may be applicable; Medical Council of India ; Dental Council of India ; Punjab Nurses Registration Council and Indian Nursing Council and selection guidelines of the Christian Medical College, Ludhiana. These are subject to alterations, amendments and modifications as may be considered necessary from time to time by the authorities concerned.
Seats in CMC Ludhiana
|Category||Seats – MBBS||Seats – BDS|
|All India General Open||13||8|
|Christians with Service Agreement-Punjab||15||8|
|Christians with Service Agreement- All India (Non Punjab)||31||15|
|SC/ST from Punjab||2||1|
|BC from Punjab||1||1|
If you have any queries regarding CMC Ludhiana MBBS Admission 2016, please ask in comments below.