AIIMS SR / SD – All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi, for the recruitment of Senior Residents/Senior Demonstrators conducts online entrance exam. To join AIIMS, as an SR or SD for 3 years, candidates have to qualify this entrance exam that is held at a national level. The admission to this post opens twice a year with the release of online application form. The candidates with the qualification of postgraduate medical degree can apply for the post. The selected candidates after the entrance, are called for interview and given final admission. Know more details below.
AIIMS SR / SD
The entrance test held for AIIMS SR / SD post, is objective type with 80 total questions of 1 marks each. The selection is based on the merit based on the score of the test. The candidates are allowed to apply only in any one subject/specialty out of the available subject/specialty.
|Events||Jan exam dates||Jul exam dates|
|AIIMS SR/SD Entrance Examination 2020||24 Nov 2019||to be announced|
|AIIMS SR/SD Entrance Examination 2019||25 Nov 2018||09 Jun 2019|
The upper age limit to apply for these posts is 37 years (as on July 31,2018/19).
For Medical Candidates: Any candidate who has a postgraduate medical degree viz. MD/MS/MDS/DNB in the respective discipline from a recognized University/Institute/or equivalent qualification can also apply for these posts.
For Non-Medical Candidates (For subjects of Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics)
(a) The candidate should possess M.Sc. Degree in the above-mentioned subjects.
(b) Ph.D. in the subject concerned/allied subject from a recognized University/Institute.
For the posts of Senior Demonstrators in Medical Physics
M.Sc. in Medical Physics with one-year experience OR its equivalent recognized qualification OR M.Sc. in Physics with Diploma in Radiological Physics.
For the post of Senior Demonstrators in Biotechnology
M.Sc. in Life Sciences (any subject) and Ph.D. in Life Science/Biochemistry/Biophysics/Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Genetics/Microbiology OR MD in Biochemistry/Biophysics.
Note: The candidates who are currently doing or did service in any Govt. Hospital/ Institutions are required to submit their application through proper channel only. They must submit No Objection certificate to HOD/Head of Organization of Institute in which they are employed.
- The selection will be solely based on merit in the Recruitment test. The Candidate can apply only in any one Subject / Speciality only out of 57 Subject / Speciality.
- In the online test, candidates will get question papers on the Subject/Group they must have applied in the Registration/application form.
- The examination will be conducted through an online test that is, it is a Computer Based Examination. The duration of the test is 90 minutes. The exam will have one paper in English having 80 Multiple Choice Questions. Each correct response will get a score of 1 mark. There will be no negative marking.
- The Interview round will be of 20 marks.
- The merit list(s) for all categories i.e. SC/ST/OBC/UR will be prepared on the basis of
combined marks of online test and interview.
- After filling available posts all remaining otherwise eligible candidates called for interview will
be kept in the waiting list which will be valid till December 31, 2019. Any vacancy arising because of non-joining by selected candidates in this selection or by the resignation of candidates who had joined after selection in this session of July 2019 will be offered to the Candidate from the waiting list according to his/her merit/category.
The total number of seats available for SR/SD is given below:
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.