AIIMS offers various educational courses and recruitments for the students at the same time. It provides recruitments for Senior Residents/Senior Demonstrators. So, the applications will be invited from Indian Citizens as per Govt. of India’s Residency Scheme. An applicant should note that he/she can apply for these posts twice a year. A candidate has an opportunity to apply for SR/SD two times in a year. The first recruitment process takes place at the beginning of the year that is in the month of January and the second recruitment process takes place in the month of July. The two-time recruitment process is for both the posts: Senior Resident as well as Senior Demonstrator. A candidate can scroll through this page to have a clear understanding of SR/SD post and their recruitment process.
AIIMS SR / SD
The applicants must fill the online application form carefully and make the payment through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. The admit cards for the examination can be downloaded from the main website. The test for both these posts is a Computer Based Test, in other words, an online test. Then after the test, there will be an interview. A merit list will also be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the online test and interview. One can check about the dates regarding AIIMS SR/SD. One can check the important dates from the table given below:
|AIIMS SR/SD Entrance Examination January 2019||25 Nov 2018|
|AIIMS SR/SD Entrance Examination July 2019||09 Jun 2019|
|AIIMS SR/SD Entrance Examination Jan 2020||24 Nov 2019|
The upper age limit to apply for these posts is 37 years (as on July 31,2018/19).
For Medical Candidates: Any candidate who has a postgraduate medical degree viz. MD/MS/MDS/DNB in the respective discipline from a recognized University/Institute/or equivalent qualification can also apply for these posts.
For Non-Medical Candidates (For subjects of Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics)
(a) The candidate should possess M.Sc. Degree in the above-mentioned subjects.
(b) Ph.D. in the subject concerned/allied subject from a recognized University/Institute.
For the posts of Senior Demonstrators in Medical Physics
M.Sc. in Medical Physics with one-year experience OR its equivalent recognized qualification OR M.Sc. in Physics with Diploma in Radiological Physics.
For the post of Senior Demonstrators in Biotechnology
M.Sc. in Life Sciences (any subject) and Ph.D. in Life Science/Biochemistry/Biophysics/Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Genetics/Microbiology OR MD in Biochemistry/Biophysics.
Note: The candidates who are currently doing or did service in any Govt. Hospital/ Institutions are required to submit their application through proper channel only. They must submit No Objection certificate to HOD/Head of Organization of Institute in which they are employed.
- The selection will be solely based on merit in the Recruitment test. The Candidate can apply only in any one Subject / Speciality only out of 57 Subject / Speciality.
- In the online test, candidates will get question papers on the Subject/Group they must have applied in the Registration/application form.
- The examination will be conducted through an online test that is, it is a Computer Based Examination. The duration of the test is 90 minutes. The exam will have one paper in English having 80 Multiple Choice Questions. Each correct response will get a score of 1 mark. There will be no negative marking.
- The Interview round will be of 20 marks.
- The merit list(s) for all categories i.e. SC/ST/OBC/UR will be prepared on the basis of
combined marks of online test and interview.
- After filling available posts all remaining otherwise eligible candidates called for interview will
be kept in the waiting list which will be valid till December 31, 2019. Any vacancy arising because of non-joining by selected candidates in this selection or by the resignation of candidates who had joined after selection in this session of July 2019 will be offered to the Candidate from the waiting list according to his/her merit/category.
The total number of seats available for SR/SD is given below: