JIPMER DM, M.Ch Entrance Exam 2020 – JIPMER, Puducherry has released the application form for admission to the DM/ M.Ch courses for January 2020 session on jipmer.edu.in. The candidates can apply until October 25, 2019 in the online mode only. The admission will be carried out through a entrance exam. After the entrance exam selected candidates will be called for counselling. Candidate can read complete detail regarding JIPMER DM, M.Ch Entrance Exam 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee details, etc. on this page.
Latest: Application Form for JIPMER DM, M.Ch 2020 has been released. Apply Here
JIPMER DM, M.Ch Entrance Exam 2020
Candidates seeking admission in DM, M.Ch Courses have to fill the Online Application Form at the official website (jipmer.edu.in). Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are also eligible to apply. A candidate is allowed to submit an application for One Course Only.
Schedule for JIPMER DM, M.Ch Entrance Exam 2020 is given below.
|Online application form available from||18 Sep 2019|
|Last date to apply for JIPMER Entrance Exam||25 Oct 2019|
|JIPMER Entrance Exam date||01 Dec 2019|
|Counselling for JIPMER||13 Dec 2019|
|Commencement of classes||01 Jan 2020|
|Closure of admission||29 Feb 2020|
JIPMER DM, M.Ch 2020 Application Form
JIPMER DM, M.Ch Application Form 2020 can be submitted only through online method from the official website. Candidate need NOT send hard copy of the application to this office.
How to Apply?
- Login and Fill the Application Form
- Upload Photograph and Signature
Application fees for each category is to be paid by the candidate using ANY ONE of the following modes of payment. No other payment mode will be accepted.
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
|OPH||exempted from application fee|
JIPMER DM, M.Ch 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals & Overseas Citizens of India are also eligible.
- Candidates should have passed M.D. / DNB Degree from any University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.
- Must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- Cardiology – M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics/ Pulmonary Medicine of this Institute or any other Institute/University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.
- Clinical Immunology Endocrinology Nephrology Neurology – M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute/University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.
- Medical Oncology – M.D. / DNB Degree in Medicine / Pediatrics /Radiotherapy of this Institute or any other Institute/University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India
- Neonatology Pediatric Critical Care – M.D. / DNB Degree in Pediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute/University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.
- Medical Gastroenterology – M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute/University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.
- CardioThoracic & Vascular Surgery Neuro-Surgery Urology Surgical Gastroenterology Plastic Surgery Pediatric Surgery – M.S. / DNB Degree in General Surgery of this Institute or any other Institute/University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.
- Surgical Oncology – M.S./ DNB Degree in General Surgery / Obstetrics & Gynecology / Otolaryngology (E.N.T) / Orthopedic Surgery of this Institute or any other Institute/University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.
JIPMER DM, M.Ch 2020 Hall Ticket
The candidates who will fill the application form before the last date will be able to download the hall ticket. It will contain the name and date of birth of the candidate., and the examination city. It can be downloaded with the help of user id and password. It is mandatory to carry the hall ticket to the exam hall.
JIPMER DM, M.Ch 2020 Exam Pattern
- Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test
- The duration of the examination shall be 1 hour 30 minutes (One hour and Thirty minutes).
Note: No candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination unless he/she holds a valid “Hall Ticket” issued by the Institute and an ID proof of their identification.
Method of Examination
The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium only.
- The Entrance Examination consists of 100 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the concerned speciality and related fields.
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test (online examination). Link for the mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER D.M/M.Ch Entrance Examination link.
- The applicant can opt only for THREE EXAM CITIES.
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis.
- Normally the first preference would be allotted. Depending upon local conditions, JIPMER reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- NO request for change of centre would be considered under any circumstances.
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment.
- If seats for Entrance Exam are unavailable in the chosen 2 exam cities, nearby (exam) cities will be considered for venues.
JIPMER DM, M.Ch 2020 Exam Center
All the major cities are available for choice of the exam centers. The candidates may choose three of the exam cities in the order of preferences. The exam cities available are given below.
- New Delhi
JIPMER DM, M.Ch 2020 Selection Process
Admission to all candidates is based on the merit of the candidates and the availability of seats at the time of certificate verification. After admission, the Original Certificates will be retained in the Academic Section and returned only after the candidate completes the course or is relieved mid-way for any reason.
All candidates should report on due date mentioned in their ‘ admission letter ‘ failing which, they will forfeit the right of admission. At any time, if the competent authorities find that admission has been offered based on false/ incorrect information/ documents and suppression of relevant facts, educational qualification or quota, the admission offered or the admission already completed shall be cancelled, irrespective of the stage of the study of that course.
Further, legal proceedings will also be initiated against such candidates for such action/(s). Hence, Candidates are warned against indulging in such action/ (s), in their own interest. All parents are also requested to make note of the above provision, and take due care and diligence, in all matters concerning admission to the courses.
Tie Break: In case of two or more candidates securing equal Percentile in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined in the following order :
- Negative Marks:- The candidate who have less negative mark will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
- Aggregate Marks in Qualifying Examination:- Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all the MD/MS/DNB Professional Examinations shall be placed higher than candidates with lower aggregate marks in MD/MS/DNB Professional Examinations
- Age: If still the tie exists, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher
JIPMER DM, M.Ch 2020 Result
The result will be released on the official website (jipmer.edu.in). The rank secured by the candidates in the exam will be mentioned on it. The final admission in Doctor of Medicine (DM) / Master of Chirurgie (M.Ch) programmes will be on the granted on the basis of JIPMER DM M.Ch. The candidates qualifying will be called for counselling session.
JIPMER DM/ M.Ch Seats Intake
|Name of the Specialty||General Seats||Sponsored Seats|
|Paediatric Critical Care||2||—|
|Neuroimaging and Interventions||1||—|
JIPMER DM, M.Ch 2020 Fees Structure
The following fees, subject to revision will be payable by each candidate:
|Description||M.Ch. / D.M. (Fee in INR.)|
|Admission Fees (One time payment)||Rs. 3000/-|
|Academic Fees (Annual)||Rs. 2200/-|
|Learning Resource Fee (One time payment)||Rs. 15000/-|
|Corpus Fund||Rs. 110/-|
|Student Information Details||1500/-|
|Identity Card Charges (One time)||150/-|
Official website: jipmer.edu.in
For More Details regarding JIPMER DM, M.Ch Entrance Exam 2020, download – Information Brochure.