Courses are designed for the students to enhance their professional credentials as per their preference in the field of education. Education courses often specialized in a certain area of disciplines like in different streams Science, Commerce and Arts. These courses are offered in higher education to build critical knowledge and skills. Students after completing a course are awarded a grade/degree for that particular study area. To know more about courses, types of courses, how to choose a course, scroll down the page.
- Bachelor Hotel Management and Catering Technology(BHMCT)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery(BAMS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)
- Bachelor of Business Studies(B.B.S)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Design(B.Des)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education(B.EL.Ed)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) / Bachelors of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts(B.F.A)
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (B.H.M.S)
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management(B.H.T.M)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management(BHM)
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B)
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S)
- Bachelor of Optometry and Vision Science(B.Optom)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy(B.P.T)
- Bachelor of Science Education(B.S.E)
- Bachelor of Science in Education(B.Sc.Ed)
- Bachelor of Science (B.S / B.Sc)
- Bachelor of Siddha Medical Sciences(B.S.M.S)
- Bachelor of Socio Legal Sciences Bachelor of Laws(B.S.L.LL.B)
- Bachelor of Tourism Administration(B.T.A)
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery(B.U.M.S)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc)
- Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Education (BA B.Ed)
- Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Law (BA LLB)
- Bachelor of Business Administration Bachelor of Law (BBA LLB)
- Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Education (B.Sc B.Ed)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (B.Sc Nursing)
- Masters of Architecture (M.Arch)
- Masters of Arts (M.A)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Masters of Computer Application (MCA)
- Masters of Education (M.Ed)
- Masters of Law (LLM)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil)
- Masters of Science (M.Sc)
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing (M.Sc Nursing)
- Masters of Technology (M.Tech)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- PG Medical (MD / MS / DM / MCh)
- PG Dental (MDS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- Integrated / Dual Degree
- PG Diploma
Types of Courses
The courses can be divided into following categories:
Undergraduate courses – Undergraduate courses or bachelor degree courses are often pursued after qualifying 10+2 (intermediate) examination. The duration of undergraduate courses is generally three years. However, in case of professional courses like Engineering, Medical, Pharmac, Dentistry, it can be four to five years well.
Some of these courses are:
|Engineering and Technology||B.Tech / B.E|
|Architeture||B.Arch / B.Plan|
Postgraduate courses – Postgraduate courses or master’s degree course is pursued after under graduation. Duration of these course varies from 2 to 3 years. Some of these courses are:
|Engineering and Technology||M.Tech / M.E|
|Architeture||M.Arch / M.Plan|
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) courses – Ph.D course is the highest university degree for the deep research study on a particular subject. A student aspiring to pursue Ph.D. course must have Master’s degree in a particular field of study and have to produce the original thesis of a particular subject. Duration of Ph.D course is maximum 3 years.
Diploma Courses – Diploma course in India differs from degree courses. An individual can choose to pursue a diploma course instead of pursuing UG and PG level courses. Diploma courses are designed for the candidates to get theoretical knowledge apart from practical knowledge in the duration of 2 or 1 year.
Certification courses – Certification courses in India allows students to pursue certification after completion of education or while pursuing graduation. The duration of this course is usually short. Certification courses are available in various streams like management, administration, foreign language, computer, medical, etc.
Top 10 Popular Courses in India
It is really hard for the students and parents both to choose a course after the 10+2. It is very important to analysis the best courses options in India as well as based on student interest. Take a look on given below the top 10 undergraduates courses options for your career:
1. Management & Business Administration (BBA / MBA)
Through management courses, a student can accomplished various career field in the managerial and administrative roles like HR Management, Media Management, International Business, Hospital and Healthcare Management, Finance and Taxation.
2. Engineering (B.Tech / B.Arch / M.Tech)
B.Tech / B.Arch is one of the most opted course by the science students after 12th. Building machines, software, tools, design, systems, components & other science-related things all falls under the engineering course.
3. Medical (MMBS / BDS)
Medical professions are might be one of the highest paying jobs in India. It includes doctors, dentists, ayurvedic doctors, BHMS doctors, physiotherapists or more. Doctors may work in both Government / public hospitals and can earn handsomely.
4. Computer Application (BCA / MCA)
With the increasing the demand for computers, the IT industry is also growing fast in India. In these courses, a student learns to operate the system software and computer programs.
5. Designing (Interior / web / Fashion)
A designer works on the constructions of objects with a considerable amount of creativity, research & styling. There are different kinds of a designer like Fashion designer works on styling clothes and trends, Interior designer works on the designing of homes, office, building etc. and last is web designer, works on images, videos, symbols to create visual representations.
6. Mass Communication and Journalism (BJMC / MJC)
Mass communication and Journalism evolves print media, digital media, advertising, journalism, public relations, film directions, screenwriter, editor, RJ, VJ, etc. Its basically enhance or works on one communication skills, creativity, writing pattern etc.
7. Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) works on the management skills in the hotel, restaurants industry. Like by focusing on serving the needs of the client, catering, a receptionist in various luxurious hotels like Taj Hotel, ITC, Oberoi hotels, Hilton Group etc.
Law is also one of the featured highest paying jobs in India. Through this course, students can get to works as a lawyer / advocate in different field like corporate law, cybercrime, administrative law, family law, criminal law etc.
9. Finance – B.Com / CA
Finance field basically deals with the study of investment and money. For commerce students, Chartered Accountant is one of the popular and highest-paid job. In this, they work in business, finance, audit, taxation and financial management.
10. Teaching / Lecturer (B.Ed / M.Ed)
Teachers / lecturer plays a vital role in building the future of youths in a country. In India, this is also one of the most opted and well-paid jobs. Through this, students can also work in both government and public sector. Demands for teachers, lecturer never decreases in India.
Factors to Keep in Mind While Choosing a Course
Many students after completing their 10+2 (intermediate) level are skeptical about which course they want to pursue. It is important to choose a course wisely because it is base for determining the career. Let us have a look at a few important points which shall help you in choosing the most suitable course.
1. Stream –
First, to get the desired course is to choose the stream after the 10th. Candidates must know the area of their interest in a particular stream, to do so it explores the options of the subject you like or if you already have an aim in career. The streams offered are given as follows:
Arts – Arts / Humanities have the widest options for students. In this field, there are a wide array of core subjects as given below:
- Political Science
Science – Science streams are more overly chosen by the student who wants to opt for professional courses after 12th. Science stream opens up both medical and non-medical career options for the candidates. This stream offers given below subjects:
- Biology (for medical)
Commerce – Candidates who have interest in the field of investing, banking, management, accounting business, can opt the commerce. This field also has widest range career options. The core subjects of commerce are:
- Business Studies
Interest Area –
While choosing a particular course/field of study try to have a fair idea about what is your area of interest. Always pursue a course that suits your interest the best. Opting a course of your own choice will only benefit you and inspire you to give your best in your discipline of study
Hello, I wanted to know about the dates for PhD Psychology entrance exam (Mumbai University) and whether one is exempted from giving the exam if they have cleared NET/JRF.
The MU website is quite ambiguous in this regard, I can’t find any link for forms yet. I will be appearing for net/jrf in December so I wanted to know what is the process for applying for MU as well.
Interor Design are available
My total is 206% so can i get government college
I AM WILL TO JOIN PHD course for 2020 under wbuhs
UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NOT GOT OTP FROM YOUR SYSTEM. I AM TRYING FOR LAST 5 HRS .PLEASE GUIDE ME
Can you please send me the link from which you are applying and your login id details at [email protected]. Will see what we can do.
sir i m done graduation in microbiology … now can i join B.P.ed
hello, i have diploma in General Nursing Midwifery (GNM) ,can i join post basic nursing in gmch chadigarh ?
hi please suggest courses for b.com student what type of courses he can avail..
DOES IT OFFER BSC ASTROPHYSICS COURSE
Hi, can you be please more specific?
CAN I DO PHD IN MASS COM