The Directorate of Technical Education, Goa will publish the result for GCET 2018 on May 2018 (Expected) on its official site. Applicants who have filled the application form and appeared for the test on May 08 and 09, 2018, can check their result on May 16, 2018. Candidates whose name will appear in the merit list will get admission in various professional degree courses. As per the merit list, he/she will be called for first round of counselling. If the seats will remain vacant after first round counselling, a second round of counselling will be held for students who couldn’t get through in the first round. You may check your result from the official site of DTE or from this webpage also. A link for checking the result, will soon be updated in this article.
Tentative Schedule for GCET 2018 Admission Process
|Date for GCET 2018||08 and 09 May 2018|
|Result for GCET- 2018||16 May 2018|
|Form B can be filled from||Fourth week of May 2018|
|Last date for submitting Form B||Last week of May 2018|
|Display of Provisional List||June 2018|
|Display of Merit List||June 2018|
|First Round of Counselling||June 2018|
|Second round of counselling||July 2018|
GCET 2018 Result
After giving the entrance test, the other thing that worries the most is the Result. Those eagerly waiting for their result for GCET, can check it from the link provided in this page. The result for GCET will be published online on the official website at dtegoa.gov.in. THe DTE, Goa conducts Common Entrance Test for admission in various degree programs
How to Check Result
Follow the instructions given below to check your result:
- Visit the official website at www.dtegoa.gov.in
- Click on the link “GCET 2018 Result” on the homepage
- As you will click on the result, a pdf file will open that will display your score
- Download and you may take print out of the result for future reference.
Candidates whose name will appear in the merit list will be granted admission. The admission will be given on the basis of candidate qualifying the entrance test, submitting Form B and securing a place in the eligibility list. The merit list will be displayed at the Admission Centre at DTE, Porvorium, Goa and also on its official website.
The merit list for GCET 2018 is prepared as follows:
For MBBS, BDS, BHMS (Homeopathy) and BAMS (Ayurveda) – The merit list for these courses will be prepared on the basis of NEET UG 2018 scores. The candidates must have appeared and secures a valid score in the NEET 2018, for admission in the colleges within the state of Goa.
For Degree courses in Architecture – candidates desirous of seeking admission in Degree course in Architecture must have appeared and have a valid score in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA 2018).
For Professional Degree Courses in Engineering, Pharmacy, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing – The candidate should appear and obtain a valid score in the GCET 2018 for admission in the colleges within the state of Goa.
For all categories a separate provisional list will be prepared and displayed at the Admission Centres as follows:
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Homoeopathy, Ayurveda
- Allied Health Sciences and Nursing
- Engineering for all eligible applicants
- Pharmacy for all eligible applicants
- Architecture for all eligible applicants
Note: Verify the correctness of the marks and merit position in the provisional merit list. In case of any error, immediately (within 24 hours) inform the Chairman, Admission Committee, in writing, failing which, the Admission Committee shall not be held responsible for the consequences of such errors.
GCET 2018 Counselling Process
- Candidates seeking admission have to present in person at the various stages of admission process as per the schedule. he/she need to produce the Acknowledgement Card, Documents in original and fee.
- The applicants will be given the opportunity to choose a seat from the choices of seats available at present according to his/her merit.
- The admission will be completed only after submission of documents in original and payment of fees.
- The applicants who will be granted admission have to report to the institute within 3 working days of grant of admission and obtain acknowledgement. Fail to do so, their admission shall be cancelled.
- Seats if remain vacant in the first round will be filled in the other subsequent rounds. The procedure for counselling will be same as the first.
GCET 2017 Toppers
As per the news report from the Indian Express, Pratheek Rebello topped the exam with 70, 72 and 74 marks in his PCM subjects. The second rank was obtained by Divya Prabhu who scored 74, while the biology topper was Jayram alias Jay Naik who obtained 74 marks.