Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay) has released an Information Brochure from eligible candidates for admission in the M.Tech and M.Tech +Ph.D.(Dual Degree) programme for the academic year 2019-20. The application form for admission in the M.Tech and M.Tech +Ph.D.(Dual Degree) programme is going to start from March 20, 2019. For the above mention courses, applications have to be submitted online as per the schedule mentioned below. The last date for submission of completed application form is April 16, 2019. Candidates can check the complete information of IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2019 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2019
The admissions process will be similar to M.Tech in other departments and centres at IIT Bombay. This will include a written test and interview, with a minimum GATE score requirement. The Academic year 2019-20 for Masters courses in IIT Bombay commences from July 2019. Online applications forms will need to be filled by the candidates desirous of taking admission in Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. Below we mentioned the schedule for IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2019.
Important dates for IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2019
This schedule is for the M.Tech. Admission for the academic year 2019, the candidates are advised to follow the schedule for taking admission in the said courses.
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay) is going to release the application form for M.Tech., M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programmes as per schedule mentioned above. Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech., M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programmes have to submit online application from the official website or direct link to fill the same which will be provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before going for online application.
You MUST upload the following while submitting the M.Tech. Application.
- A scanned version of the photograph
- A scanned version of the signature
- Marksheet of the last semester/ Consolidated mark sheet of the qualifying degree. (Exam pending/result awaited candidates have to upload their latest/previous semester marksheet).
- Caste Certificate (OBCNC/SC/ST), if applicable. An affidavit for having applied in case the certificate is not yet received.
- PwD Certificate, if applicable
- Statement of Purpose, if applicable
- The application fee for the woman candidate is Rs. 150/-.
- The application fee for the SC/ ST/ PWD candidates is Rs. 150/-.
- The application fee for other candidates is Rs. 300/-.
The fee is to be paid by Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking/ Online Payment System and you do not have to submit the hard copy of the application. Applications without online payment details will not be considered.
Note: Please note that you can submit only ONE application. The application fee is non – refundable.
IIT Bombay M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
General Eligibility for M.Tech. Programmes in all Departments / Centres / Schools / Interdisciplinary groups / CrossDepartmental Programmes.
- Candidates with First class or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) marks in B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ M.Sc. /M.C.A./ M.B.B.S/ M.Pharm/ B.Pharm (4 yr. Degree)/ B.D.S.(4 yr. Degree)/ Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies (like Institution of Engrs. (India), Institute of Chemical Engrs., Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engrs., Indian Institute of Metals e.t.c) and recognized as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree.
- The eligibility criteria for different programmes, admission categories and the requirement for GATE or other qualifying examinations are given in the M.Tech. Information Brochure 2019-20.
Admission for IIT B.Tech. degree holders
Candidate having a B.Tech. degree from IITs and having a CGPA/CPI score of 8.00 (on 0-10 scale) and above are exempted from the requirement of GATE qualification. They may be admitted to M.Tech. Programme under TA/RA positions through written test and/or interview.
For M.Tech + Ph.D Programmes
- Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech. Programme are also eligible for M.Tech.+ PhD Dual Degree Programme, in certain disciplines/ specializations. There is a common application for M.Tech. and M.Tech.+ PhD (Dual Degree) Programme.
- Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech. The programme will be considered for M.Tech.+ PhD (Dual Degree) Programme if they have opted for it in the application
Here we mentioned the fee structure of IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2019.
Official Website: www.iitb.ac.in