Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay) has released notification from eligible candidates for admission in the M.Tech and M.Tech +Ph.D.(Dual Degree) programme for the academic year 2018-19 which will be starting from July 2018. For above mention courses, applications have to be submitted online as per schedule mention below. Candidates can check the complete information of IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2018
IIT Bombay M.Tech and M.Tech +Ph.D.(Dual Degree) Admission 2018 on basis of GATE results. M.Tech Admission 2018 in IIT Bombay shall be done on the basis of GATE result and further rounds of selection. Admission to Masters courses in IIT Bombay commences in the month of July 2018. Online applications forms will need to be filled by the candidates desirous of taking admission in Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
Important dates for IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission
Written Test and/or Interview for Admissions to M.Tech Programme 2018-19.
This schedule is for the M.Tech. Admission for the academic year 2018-19, the candidates are advised to follow the schedule for taking admission in the said courses.
List Of Selected Candidates on the Basis of Interview for (RA/RAP/PS/IS/SW/IIT B.Tech. Category) has been released by IIT Bombay. Candidates can check the same from official website i.e., www.iitb.ac.in or the link provided below.
- Click Here to check the List Of Selected Candidates on the Basis of Interview of (RA/RAP/PS/IS/SW/IIT B.Tech. Category).
- Click Here to check the Procedure for booking Hostel Accommodation at IIT Bombay for attending Written Test and /or Interview.
- Click Here to check the Specimen Copy of the letter for Candidates who have been Confirmed for Admission in M.Tech.
Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech., M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programmes for this year have to submit online application only from the official website as per scheduled date. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before going for online application. Candidates can also fill their application for IIT Bombay M.Tech admission from the direct link provided here.
Apply online: Application process is over..!!
You MUST upload the following while submitting the M.Tech. Application.
- The scanned version of a photograph
- A scanned version of the signature
- Marksheet of the last semester/ Consolidated mark sheet of the qualifying degree. (Exam pending/result awaited candidates have to upload their latest/previous semester mark sheet).
- Caste Certificate (OBCNC/SC/ST), if applicable. An affidavit for having applied in case the certificate is not yet received.
- PwD Certificate, if applicable
- Statement of Purpose, if applicable
Candidates applying for Chemical Engineering (CH), Biomedical Engineering (BM), Electrical Engineering (EE1, EE2, EE3, EE4, EE5) MUST provide the following information along with the application form:
- Title of the final year project.
- Four courses studied, which you think, are relevant to the M.Tech. Programme.
- Shortterm courses attended
- The application fee for the woman candidate is Rs. 150/-.
- The application fee for the SC/ ST/ PWD candidates is Rs. 150/-.
- The application fee for other candidates is Rs. 300/-.
The fee is to be paid by Debit Card/ Credit Card/ SBI Internet Banking/ Online Payment System and you do not have to submit the hard copy of the application. Applications without online payment details will not be considered.
Note: Please note that you can submit only ONE application. The application fee is non – refundable.
IIT Bombay M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
General Eligibility for M.Tech. Programmes in all Departments/ Centres/ Schools/ Interdisciplinary groups/ Cross-Departmental Programmes
- Candidates with First class or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) marks in B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ M.Sc. /M.C.A./ MBBS/ M.Pharm/ B.Pharm (4 yr. Degree)/ BDS (4 yr. Degree)/ Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies (like Institution of Engrs. (India), Institute of Chemical Engrs., Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engrs., Indian Institute of Metals etc.) and recognized as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree.
- The eligibility criteria for different programmes, admission categories and the requirement for GATE or other qualifying examinations are given in the M.Tech. Information Brochure 2017-18.
Admission for IIT B.Tech. degree holders
Candidate having a B.Tech. degree from IITs and having a CGPA/CPI score of 8.00 (on 0-10 scale) and above are exempted from the requirement of GATE qualification. They may be admitted to M.Tech. Programme under TA/RA positions through written test and/or interview.
For M.Tech + Ph.D Programmes
- Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech. Programme are also eligible for M.Tech.+ Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme, in certain disciplines/ specializations. There is a common application for M.Tech. and M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme.
- Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech. The programme will be considered for M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme if they have opted for it in the application
The seat matrix is as per the last year brochure.
For More Information regarding IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure
Official Website: www.iitb.ac.in.