IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2020- 4th round of offers through COAP based on GATE scores have been released. Candidates can check their offers on the COAP portal. IIT Bombay offers admission to M.Tech and M.Tech +Ph.D.(Dual Degree) programme for the academic year 2020-21. Candidates can check the complete information of IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2020 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Latest: Direct Admission on the basis of GATE Score (4th Offer) declared. Check your status on COAP by clicking here.
IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2020
The written test and/or interview for M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme will be communicated by Academic Office separately on IIT website, iitb.ac.in. Below we mentioned the schedule for IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2020.
Important dates for IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2020
|Advertsiement||15 Mar 2020|
|Beginning of Online application forms mode||18 Mar 2020|
|Last date for submission of completed application forms|
18 May 2020
|Date to display Shortlisted Candidates List for written test and or/interview schedule|
Available – Check your status in the “Online Application Portal”
Complete Schedule: Click here to view and download the complete schedule for admission to M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme.
Candidates can check the offers made to them and submit their decision using the button provided below.
IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2020 – Important Announcements!
- Click here to check the above detailed information.
Message from HoD And Interview schedule has been released on the website. The specimen copy of the written test/interview call letter has also been released. You can download the details from below provided pdf.
- Click here to download Specimen Copy of the Written Test/Interview (VC mode) Call Letter
- Click here to download the Message from HoD And Interview schedule for Educational Technology (ET)
- Click here to download the Message from HoD And Interview schedule for Industrial Engineering & Operations Research (IO)
- Click here to download the Message from HoD And Interview schedule for Environmental Science & Engineering (EV)
- Click here to download the Message from HoD And Interview schedule for Computer Science & Engineering (CS)
- Click here to download the Message from HoD And Interview schedule for Chemical Engineering (CH)
IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2020 Application Last Date Extended Notice
Due to the nationwide lockdown for COVID-19 precautions, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay decided to give the students more time to complete the application form. The official notice for the same is given below:
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay) has released the application form for M.Tech., M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programmes. Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech., M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programmes have to submit online application from the official website or direct link to fill the same which is provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before going for online application.
Apply here: Click here to fill the application form for M.Tech., M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programmes.
You MUST upload the following while submitting the M.Tech. Application.
- A scanned version of the photograph
- A scanned version of the signature
- Marksheet of the last semester/ Consolidated mark sheet of the qualifying degree. (Exam pending/result awaited candidates have to upload their latest/previous semester marksheet).
- Caste Certificate (OBCNC/SC/ST), if applicable. An affidavit for having applied in case the certificate is not yet received.
- Economically Weaker Sections(EWS) candidates needs to submit EWS certificate issued by the competent Authority in the prescribed format.
- PwD Certificate, if applicable
- Statement of Purpose, if applicable
- Woman candidates: Rs. 150/-.
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates: Rs. 150/-.
- Other candidates: Rs. 300/-.
The fee is to be paid by SBI Internet Banking/Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking/ Online Payment System and Candidates no need to submit the hard copy of the application. Applications without online payment details will not be considered.
Note: Please note that you can submit only ONE application. The application fee is non – refundable.
IIT Bombay M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
General Eligibility for M.Tech. Programmes in all Departments / Centres / Schools / Interdisciplinary groups / CrossDepartmental Programmes.
- Candidates with First class or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) marks in B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ M.Sc. /M.C.A./ M.B.B.S/ M.Pharm/ B.Pharm (4 yr. Degree)/ B.D.S.(4 yr. Degree)/ Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies (like Institution of Engrs. (India), Institute of Chemical Engrs., Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engrs., Indian Institute of Metals e.t.c) and recognized as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree.
- The eligibility criteria for different programmes, admission categories and the requirement for GATE or other qualifying examinations are given in the M.Tech. Information Brochure 2020.
Admission for IIT B.Tech. degree holders
Candidate having a B.Tech. degree from IITs and having a CGPA/CPI score of 8.00 (on 0-10 scale) and above are exempted from the requirement of GATE qualification. They may be admitted to M.Tech. Programme under TA/RA positions through written test and/or interview.
For M.Tech + Ph.D Programmes
- Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech. Programme are also eligible for M.Tech.+ PhD Dual Degree Programme, in certain disciplines/ specializations. There is a common application for M.Tech. and M.Tech.+ PhD (Dual Degree) Programme.
- Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech. The programme will be considered for M.Tech.+ PhD (Dual Degree) Programme if they have opted for it in the application
Note: For detailed eligibility conditions for admission to M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme, Click here.
Here we mentioned the fee structure of IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission 2020.
Official Website: iitb.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.