TANCA 2018 (Tamil Nadu Common Admissions) – Anna University has released notification for admission to M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. degree programmes offered in the University Departments / Constituent Colleges, Government, Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Self-financing Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu for the seats surrendered for admission through single window counselling (TANCA 2018). The complete detail of TANCA 2018 – Tamil Nadu Common Admissions such as application form, eligibility criteria, merit list, counselling, admission process etc. are given below.
Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA) 2018
Application has to be registered separately for each category ( 1-A ) GATE – Engineering / Technology, ( 1-B ) GATE – Engineering Sciences ( X E ) and Life Sciences ( X L ), ( 2 ) TANCET, ( 3) Sponsored. Seats under sponsored category are available only in University Departments of Anna University, Chennai. Candidates other than GATE (Engineering / Technology) category must have appeared for TANCET 2018.
|Commencement of registration of application||06 Jul 2018|
|Last date for Registration||17 Jul 2018|
Application Form of TANCA 2018 is available now for admission to the M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. degree programmes. Candidates can register and apply online by logging on to the link given below. Candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details of TANCA 2018 before applying.
The candidates can pay the application / registration fees by only online payment methods.
|SC/SCA/ST(Tamil Nadu residents)||Rs.250/-|
A candidate applying for more than one category has to pay Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) for each additional category. (only online payment)
Procedure for Registration of Application Form
- Candidate should apply only through online in the web portal www.annauniv.edu. In the webportal the candidate can go to the online application portal by clicking the link.
- The candidate should use a valid and functional e-mail id and a valid and functional mobile number for registration of online application. This email id and mobile number must be maintained active, as all the communication to the candidates will be sent only to the registered e-mail id and mobile number.
- The candidate must be ready with the details such as Marks, Percentage of Marks, Year of Passing, Board / Institute details and Scanned images of photograph, mark sheet / Transfer and Community Certificate for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM candidates (either Permanent Card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) and other relevant certificates before applying through online.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph as per the specifications given in the guidelines for scanning and uploading the photograph.
- After entering all the details, choose “save / submit” button. The entered details can be viewed. In case any changes are to be made, the applicant can make the changes. After this the candidate should click submit and save button. The candidate need not send the printout of the online application or any other documents. The Original Certificates / Mark sheets etc., will be verified at the time of counselling. If any of the information given in the online application is found false or incorrect during verification of original certificates, the application shall be summarily rejected and suitable disciplinary action will be initiated.
- The applications received directly other than the online application portal will not be considered and they will be rejected.
Documents to be uploaded with the filled in online application –
The following should be uploaded with the filled-in online application.
- Mark sheet of 10th standard along with 12th standard marksheet or 3 years diploma certificate.
- Qualifying Degree Certificatesss (or) Provisional Certificate (or) Consolidated Marksheet (or)
Marksheet of last appeared semester exam (Copy of both sides of the marksheet should be uploaded)
- Valid GATE 2016 / 2017 / 2018 SCORE card for Engg / Technology category.
- Community Certificate in card format or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate [ BC, BC Muslim, MBC / DNC & SC / SCA / ST ] candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- Certificate of Disability for Differently Abled Person (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate only in Electronic form / Digitally signed e-Certificate.(if applicable)
- Experience Certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of identification certificate obtained from the Head Quarters Tahsildar or Visa, Passport and letter registered in Police Station (For Sri Lankan Refugee candidates)
Candidates who have passed all the subjects in the recognised Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in the qualifying degree examination as per AICTE norms are eligible. Further, the candidates shall possess
- TANCET 2018 mark OR
- GATE 2016 / 2017 / 2018 qualified score in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology OR
- GATE 2016 / 2017 / 2018 qualified score in Engineering Science (X E) and Life Science (X L) papers along with TANCET 2018
Note 1: Eligibility qualifications for admission to various programmes are given in Annexure – I.
Note 2: A candidate is considered GATE 2016 / 2017 / 2018 qualified, if the marks secured are greater than or equal to the qualifying marks mentioned respectively for the category in the GATE 2016 / 2017 / 2018 score card.
Note 3: If a candidate claims that the educational qualification possessed by him / her (though not the same as prescribed eligible qualification) is equivalent to the eligible qualification prescribed in Annexure I, he / she should obtain the Equivalency Certificate from the Director, Academic Courses, Anna University, Chennai on or before the last date prescribed for registration of the
Candidates in the following categories may apply for admission
Candidates appeared for the final semester / year examination of the qualifying degree programmes during April / May 2018, except A.M.I.E. The candidates should produce an evidence of having passed all the subjects in the qualifying degree examination at the time of counselling, failing which the candidates will not be permitted to attend the counselling. Copy of results downloaded from internet is permitted only when it is attested by the Principal.
Candidates with Section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates (e.g. A.M.I.E.) of the Institution of Engineers and other similar certificates of various professional bodies viz., Aeronautical Society of India etc., recognised by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India and enrolled before 31.5.2013 are considered to be equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech degree holders for admission to M.E./ M.Tech. degree programmes subject to the following conditions (a), (b) & (c)
a) Candidates should have studied 10 + 2 years Higher Secondary. + AMIE (with 2 years experience) (or) 10 + 3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE (with 2 years experience)
b) Two years regular full time Teaching experience / Industrial experience in the relevant field after passing all the subjects including project work. The experience certificate will have to be produced by the candidate.
c) Must have qualified either in GATE 2016 / 2017 / 2018 with qualifying score or TANCET 2018.
Merit List Preparation
GATE (Engineering / Technology) : The qualifying marks for GATE 2016 / 2017 / 2018 in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology are listed below. Candidates who have obtained lesser than the qualifying marks will NOT be called for counselling
GATE [Engineering Sciences ( XE ) / Life Sciences ( XL ) ] : Candidates who have secured qualifying marks in GATE 2016 / 2017 / 2018 in Engineering Sciences ( XE ) and Life Sciences ( XL ) papers, should have also appeared for TANCET – 2018 (Overall mark is calculated by considering appropriate GATE 2016 / 2017 / 2018 score and TANCET 2018 score in the ratio 70:30).
Candidates who have obtained lesser than the qualifying marks as mentioned above will not be called for counselling. Other State candidates will be considered under “Open Competition” only.
- Candidates who have appeared in TANCET 2018.
Sponsored category (Admission only in University Departments of Anna University, Chennai-25)
- The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in TANCET 2018.
- Inter-se-merit : When more than one candidate had obtained the same marks in TANCET – 2018, the candidate having higher average percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying degree examination will be placed in higher rank in the merit list.
- The merit list will be published in Anna University web portal.
Official Website: www.admissions.annauniv.edu