TANCA 2020 – Anna University has released the merit list for Tamil Nadu Common Admissions TANCA 2020 at official website annauniv.edu. Candidates can check the merit list from here also.In order to check the list, aspirants need to enter their Application No., Date of Birth, and Registered Email Id. TANCA is conducted for admission in M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. courses offered in various university and colleges of Tamil Nadu. Based on GATE or TANCET 2020 scores, candidates can apply online for the counselling process. Seats are allotted through the counselling process, as per candidate’s preference and merit. For more information about TANCA 2020, application process, counselling process read the article below.
– TANCA 2020 Counselling Schedule for Blindness & Low Vision and Deaf & Hard Hearing under Differently Abled-GATE Category has been released. Click here to check it.
– TANCA 2020 Merit list is available for GATE and TANCET Categories. Get Here!
TANCA Counselling 2020
Candidates applying through GATE must have the valid score of GATE 2018 / 2019 or 2020. Candidates can also check the important dates related to TANCA 2020 from the table below:
|TANCA Counselling 2020||Date|
|TANCET Exam date||01 Mar 2020|
|Commencement of registration of TANCET|
28 Aug 2020
|Last date to apply for TANCET|
30 Sep 2020 Up to 5:30 PM
|Publication of rank order|
21 Nov 2020
|TANCA Counselling schedule||Check here|
TANCA 2020 Merit List
Based on application received, Anna University prepares the separate merit list for GATE and TANCET candidates. As per the rank in the merit list, candidates are called for the counselling process. Check the preparation of merit list from below:
GATE Score –
- First, a separate merit list is prepared of GATE (Engineering / Technology) and for GATE (Engineering Sciences ( XE ) / Life Sciences.
- Merit list of Engineering Sciences ( XE ) / Life Sciences and TANCET 2020 is prepared with a weightage of 70:30
- After that, a common merit list of GATE (Engineering / Technology) and GATE (Engineering Sciences ( XE ) / Life Sciences ( XL ) category is prepared for the selected candidates.
- Merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks scored in TANCET
- In the case of two or more candidates have the same marks, then the one having higher percentage in qualifying marks will be considered for higher rank.
TANCA 2020 Registration Last Date Extended Notice
- Click here to download above notice.
- Earlier Notice: Click here to check the TANCA 2020 registration start date notice.
TANCA 2020 Registration
For participating in TANCA, candidates have to apply online. Candidates need to register in the TANCA web portal by providing valid and active mobile number & email Id. To fill the application form, candidates need to enter their details like name, date of birth, category, marks, qualification and also have to upload the documents required for verification. To finally submit the form, candidates need to pay the registration fee.
Apply here: Click here to fill the online Application Form for TANCA 2020.
Registration fee – The registration fee as per last year for TANCA 2020 is as given below;
|SC/SCA/ST(Tamil Nadu residents)||Rs.250/-|
Mode of payment – The application fee is to be paid online through the given below ways:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net banking
Documents to be Uploaded in Online TANCA Application Form
Candidates have to upload the copies of the mentioned below documents at the time of filling the application form:
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Qualifying Degree certificate / Mark sheets
- Transfer Certificate
- Valid GATE 2018 / 2019 / 2020 score.
- TANCET 2020 Score
- TANCET Hall Ticket 2020
- Permanent Community Certificate
- Nativity Certificate
- Certificate in case of Differently Abled Person
- ID proofs
- Experience certificate (if applicable)
TANCA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for TANCA must fulfil the mentioned below eligibility criteria:
Native – Candidates must be a domicile of Tamil Nadu. If a candidate has studied for 5 years (12th onwards) in Tamil Nadu, is also considered as Tamil Nadu candidates.
Education Qualification –
- The candidate who has completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent field with minimum 50% aggregate marks and 45% in case of a reserved category can apply for TANCA.
- Candidates must have appeared any 1 mentioned below entrance exam :
- TANCET 2020
- GATE 2018 / 2019 / 2020 in the discipline of Engineering / Technology
- GATE 2018 / 2019 / 2020 in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers along with TANCET 2020
Candidate can check detailed eligibility criteria from the Information Brochure provided below.
GATE Category – Candidates who have appeared the GATE, can apply from the GATE Score
Sponsored Category – A limited number of unfilled seats in GATE counselling are considered for sponsored category
TANCA 2020 Counselling Process
After the selection procedure, selected candidates have to appear for the counselling process. Candidates ware called as per the availability of seats and the merit list. Candidates have to reach the centre as per specified date & time along with documents required. After the counselling, as per the reservation norms, seats are allotted to the candidates. Steps for counselling are:
- Selection Process
- Seat Allotment
- Admission (document verification)
TANCA 2020 Seat Allocation
Selected candidates are allocated seats as per the reservation norms. Candidates who are allocated seats under ST/ SC / SCA / MBC & DNC/ BC / BCM quota should obtain the documents issued by the competent authorities. Based on ranks and availability of seats, candidates are allotted seats. After allocation candidates have to appear for the allotted centre for further proccess.
TANCA 2020 Reservation Rule
Candidates can check the reservation of seats for the reserved categories from below:
|Open Competition (OC)||31.0|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.5|
|Backward Class – Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities ( MBC & DNC )||20.0|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15.0|
|Scheduled Caste – Arunthathiyars (SCA)||3.0|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1.0|
TANCA Counselling for GATE 2020
Candidates applying with GATE score must fulfil the eligibility criteria. After the registration, intimation of counselling will be published on the official website. Candidates have to download the call letter by entering the TANCA application form, name and date of birth. Candidates have to carry their GATE scorecard along with the other documents at the time of counselling process for verification.
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) is conducted for admission into MBA, MCA, ME, M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Plan courses. It is a state-level entrance exam conducted in offline mode. The exam is conducted for 2 hours which consist of MCQ type questions. The exam is conducted in 15 cities of Tamil Nadu. Through the score of TANCET, candidates can apply for TANCA for the counselling process.
About Anna University
Anna University was established in 1978 in Tamil Nadu, India by the Government of Tamil Nadu. It is a state technical university and it offers various technical & professional undergraduates and postgraduates courses. For admissions, it conducts various entrance exam like Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination (TNPCEE), TANCET. More than 16000 students are pursuing undergraduate degree in the university department and more than 14,000 PhD scholars in engineering and technology.
Official Website: annauniv.edu
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.