VIT University will conduct VITMEE 2017 – Master’s Entrance Examination. VITMEE 2017 is the entrance examination for admission to MCA, M.Tech, M.Tech by research in VIT University. Candidates who are interested in appearing in VITMEE 2017 must have a graduation degree, or are appearing in final exam in current year.
Notification of VITMEE 2017 is followed by issue of application forms. Candidates can apply online after determining their eligibility. Next, the university starts process of slot booking which can be done at website vit.ac.in. In slot booking, candidate needs to select date and time on which he/she will appear for exam, out of slots available. On such given slot, they can take VIT Master’s Entrance Examination 2017 and then check result. Selected candidates will attend counselling for admission.
Latest – VITMEE 2017 Result has been announced. Click here to know your score and merit.
Schedule for VITMEE 2017 is given below.
|Issue of application form||10 Mar 2017|
|Last date to apply online||24 May 2017|
|Last date to edit application form
(applicable only for online applicants)
|24 May 2017|
|Slot Booking Date||26 May 2017|
|VITMEE Exam (Computer Based Test)||03 Jun & 04 Jun 2017|
|Publication of short listed applicants for counseling (Tentative)||09 Jun 2017|
|Date of Counselling||M.Tech – Automotive – 19th June 2017
Other M.Tech – 20 & 21st June 2017
MCA – 19th June 2017
M.Tech (by Res.) – 24th June 2017
Integ. Ph.D – 24th June 2017
Nationality: The applicant for admission should be a Resident Indian National and should have graduated from Institutions located in India. Foreign and NRI/ PIO applications are to be made separately. Please visit the International Relations tab in VIT website.
- Candidates should have graduated with a full-time degree from any recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 60% for MCA and M.Tech. degree programmes.
- Consistent Record in X Std. and XII Std. is required.
- Candidates appearing for their final degree exam / final semester exam in the current year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have completed their final Semester/year exams before the selection interview at VIT University.
- The candidates should produce statement of final year marks and Provisional degree certificate before August 15th, 2017, failing which admission will be cancelled with the forfeit of admission fee.
For Academic Qualification for all subjects please refer to the Information Brochure which will be given below on this page soon.
- Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- CSE (Information Security)
- CSE (Big Data Analytics)
- CSE (Cloud Computing)
- Communication Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Structural Engineering
- VLSI Design (Very Large Scale Integrated Circuits Design)
|Vellore Campus||Chennai Campus||Bhopal Campus|
|Master of Computer Applications [MCA] – 2 years (4 sem)||Master of Computer Applications [MCA] – 2 years (4 sem)||Master of Computer Applications [MCA] – 2 years (4 sem)|
|M.Tech. Programmes – 2 years (4 sem)
||M.Tech. Programmes – 2 years (4 sem)|
The applicants should apply online in the respect link provided in the website (www.vit.ac.in) by paying a non-refundable application of Rs.950/- (Rupees Nine Hundred Fifty only). The applicants should register for VITMEE for a Computer Based Objective test at indicated test centres.The list of short-listed candidates will be published in the website or personal SMS to the registered mobile number for an interview/ counselling at Vellore/ Chennai.
Candidates selected will have to pay a deposit of Rs. 10,000/- towards counselling fee. Counselling fee is Non-Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the university. This amount should be paid by demand draft drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore (only computerised DD will be accepted). Candidates who fail to pay the advance at the Counselling will not be considered for Admission.
Document to be Submitted at the time of Admission
The following documents in original are required to be submitted at the time of Admission:
- X and XII Std. Marks statement
- Mark Sheets of all semesters/ years of the qualifying examination upto pre-final/ final year as applicable
- Qualifying Degree / Provisional Certificate (If already received)
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied. (If already received)
- Migration Certificate
- Valid GATE score card for Candidates applying for M.Tech.
- Service Certificate issued by the Employer. (For sponsored candidates – for M.Tech. programmes only)
- Community Certificate (for all categories except OC / General)
- Conduct Certificate
- Student Profile
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Advance Fee Receipt
- Admission letter and a photocopy of the programme fee receipt
- Four copies of recent passport size colour photograph
- An undertaking for good conduct and behavior in a prescribed form(to be issued by the University at the time of admission)
- Affidavit to be signed separately by the student&parent in Rs .20/- Stamp Paper (Format available at www.vit.ac.in)
- Two copies and notified of all original certificates (Candidates are advised to make required number of photocopies for their future use before handing over their originals to the Admissions Office).
- University Registration Number/ID will be generated to the candidates those who have submitted the above documents only.
All payments are to be made only in the form of a crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of“VIT University”, payable at Vellore (only computerized DD is accepted). Various tiers ofscholarships and teaching assistantships are available for high scores in valid GATE and VITMEE.
Scholarships: Monthly stipend of Rs. 4000/- for top six GATE Scores in each M.Tech. Programme. Top VITMEE / GATE scorers will get a stipend of 3600 Euros (i.e. Rs. 2.40 lakhs) for a double degree programmes in Communication Engineering from UAS, Darmstadt, Germany (under DADD fellowship) and in Sensor Systems from UAS, Karlsruhe.
For M.Tech (Nanotechnology) – Student Fellowship is Rs. 12,400/- p.m per student and Contingencies is Rs. 15,000/- p.a per student for 20 top ranker is provided by DST (Nano Mission Council).
Refund of Fees: If for any reason the candidate withdraws from the programme, the refund will be made as per the norms of the UGC.
Vellore – 632014, Tamil Nadu, INDIA
Phone: +91-416 220 4600/4800
Fax: +91 – 416 224 5544, 224 9955
Email: [email protected]
For more details of VITMEE 2017 – Download Information Brochure.